Chapter Seventeen. Snakes.

Chantel Diaz

-

"What made you wanna get into this business? I don't meet a lot of girls out here actually trying to put in the work once they've already got the money" Ralph said as I laid across his bed on my stomach while topless.

He used my ass to sit his weed on while he rolled up and we listened to some H-Town in the background.

"Why do you wanna know so much about me? I'm your homies ex, I should just be some bitch you try and fuck and then move along" I said as I sat up on my elbows and he laughed.

His skin was covered in tattoos and he wore a pair of glasses as he looked down at what he was doing.

"I've always thought you was fine. You just didn't pay me any attention, maybe if Marquis was treating you better back then I would've been more cautious of trying to get at you" He explained.

"So you noticed me a long time ago?" I asked glancing at him. I low key didn't believe him, he was just telling me what I wanted to hear so I'd keep giving him the pussy.

But I loved to have my ego stroked and didn't want it to stop anytime soon.

Ralph laughed to himself before he observed the freshly rolled blunt and began to feel around on the bed for the lighter.

"I did something bad to my sister and I feel bad about it. I didn't mean for it to happen" I confessed to him.

"What'd you do?" He asked as he laid back into his pillows and sparked the blunt.

"Made out with Anthony. He came at me though, I wasn't coming at him. It just kinda happened" I said venting about the situation.

Ralph took a deep inhale of the weed before blowing it up at the ceiling like he was in his own world.

"Damn. I feel like if you're honest with her and tell her what happened just like that, it'll soften the blow and she won't be mad for that long. But if she hears about it from somebody else- that's a wrap" Ralph explained.

I sat up and looked around his dark bedroom that was being lit up with a few candles.

"I was actually just gonna burry that shit down. We have a complicated relationship, it's more like a competition" I admit.

"Is she competing with you or are you competing with her?" He asked and I glanced at him shocked he'd even said some shit like that.

"What? Why the fuck would I even say that if it was one sided?" I questioned growing an attitude as I started to climb out of his bed.

Ralph put the blunt in his mouth and held it between his lips as he grabbed my arm and pulled me back into the bed.

He wrapped his strong arms around me and held me into place. I didn't know how I was suppose to feel about the situation but for the first time in awhile I felt safe.

"I'm not saying you're doing that shit on purpose, but it does happen. I use to compete with my friends until I realized it was just me trying to out do them" He explained further as he removed the blunt from his mouth.