Chapter Six. At Your Best.

Prince Davis

-

"I feel bad about this and the fact that you have to lie to your parents for me" Michelle said as she folded her arms. I moved her arms back down to her sides and made her look at me.

"I knew what I was getting into. It's the least I could do for your father, he was a decent man and I wish I could've been of more help to him" I explained.

"Don't you get it? The longer I'm with you the more danger you're in. This is-" Michelle began before Dana rounded the corner with a bowl of popcorn. My sister paused when she saw us and rolled her eyes as she headed for the garbage.

"Don't mind me, just using my kitchen for its intended purpose. Please continue your secretive meeting" She said sarcastically.

Michelle leaned in and kissed my cheek before scurrying out of the kitchen to avoid a confrontation with my sister.

Once Dana dumped out her popcorn she moved passed me and began washing her bowl out in the sink.

"Why you being like this? I could of told dad about you going to the trailer park to be with Lucas and your punishment would still be ongoing. I didn't even do shit to you" I complained growing tired of her attitude.

Dana and I had always had a good bond, I was older than she was but that was my baby sister and I always made sure she was straight. Then she became a teenager and all that changed and she walked around like the world owed her something.

"I'm not being like anything. I just don't believe you and Michelle are together, you act more like friends then anything else. You might have mom fooled but not me" She said growing a smirk.

"Okay, if I tell you something, will you swear not to run your mouth?" I questioned and she rubbed her chin.

"Well I'm going to tell Alexis because I tell her everything. So I promise this stays between me, you and Alexis" Dana smiled as she leaned on the counter and propped her chin with her hands to show she was all ears.

"Fuck it. I'm not really engaged, it's just business with Michelle and it'll be over soon" I admit truthfully.

"I fucking knew it! Alexis is gonna flip" Dana said as she began to silently cheer. I rolled my eyes before pausing and tilting my head back some.

"Why would she trip? What'd she say about me?" I questioned trying to play off my curiosity.

"I can't tell you that. But good luck keeping this from mom and dad, mom is already doing background checks on the newest Mrs. Davis" Dana teased.

I went to fish for more information when our mother appeared in the kitchen, dressed up to attended a picnic she'd gotten together with Rakim's wife to calm tension down before things could escalate after the old man had been shot.

I hadn't made an attempt on the old mans life and my father hadn't either, Rakim was paranoid but for good reason. The bad you do in life always catches up with you, it'll eventually catch up to me too, just not anytime soon.

"Are you two ready? I figured you could ride with your brother since we're being driven and I know you hate that" Our mother said to Dana and my sister forced a fake smile.