Chapter Twenty Three. Poetic Justice.

Ethan in multimedia

Alexis Diaz

-

"Have you heard from Chantel at all?" Dana questioned as we laid back on my bed in bathrobes while wearing face masks.

"Nope. But you know what? That doesn't matter, she'll come back around when she feels like it" I said keeping my face completely still.

We laid in silence for a little while before Dana's phone alerted her of a notification. I could feel her sit up which caused me to remove the cucumbers from my eyes.

"It's my mom" She said calmly and I relaxed back and listened to her type.

After the fallout with her dad, Dana had pretty much moved into my guest bedroom that was suppose to be hers anyway.

Now that her mom had left her bum ass daddy, our post school plans could continue and we could take over the world.

"Okay, but about this makeup line we talked about" Dana said putting her phone off to the side.

"I already told you, that industry is too oversaturated. Let's come harder" I said sitting up.

"Well we need money. I know you're tired of getting an allowance from your family and I'm tired of my parents manipulating me with money. We got to get our own cash flow coming in. We have to be business women" She said folding one leg over the other.

"That sounds like a lot of work" I replied attempting to lay back down but she grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"What if we use our family connections and dabbled into the drug world a little bit" She suggested.

"Ew why? I'm too pretty for that" I said and she slapped my thigh.

"Hear me out first. I'm not talking about selling drugs, we have the connections and these small time drug dealers would kill to just meet with some of the people we know. We could be the middle person and for the right price be the go between" Dana said.

"You mean like set up business deals? Have people pay us to talk business with those old dusty men our parents know?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah. They'll see two pretty bitches and underestimate us, we can come up off of some dusty niggas real quick" Dana said.

Before I could give her a response my bedroom door opened and Ethan came into my room eating skinny pop.

"I heard what you said and I want in" He said bluntly causing me to roll my eyes.

"Why is your pale ass always eavesdropping on people?" I asked.

"Is he- is he eating my popcorn?" Dana questioned sounding like she was trying to keep her composure.

"I am and you can't beat my ass" Ethan responded causing me to gasp.

"I see your balls finally dropped. I was kinda worried" I said looking him over.

Dana got up and snatched the popcorn bag from his hands before mushing him into the door as she walked out of my bedroom.