Chapter Twenty. Killing Me Softly.

Chantel in multimedia

Chantel Diaz

-

I sat on the table at the doctors office alone while waiting for word back. My palms were sweaty and I had a headache coming in from the breakfast that I didn't eat that morning.

The door opened with a creak and a slightly overweight white woman stepped inside. I bit my lip gently and stared at her while she looked down at a clipboard.

She glanced up at me beaming and my heart dropped into my stomach.

"Congratulations sweetie, you're pregnant!" She said and my gaze immediately dropped to the floor.

"Are you sure?" I questioned and she nodded enthusiastically.

I cursed under my breath and took a deep breath while she began rambling about shit I didn't care about.

"Well I'm not keeping this baby - so save the pep talk sweetie" I responded mocking her tone.

"You don't need to make any difficult decisions right now. Take some time and think on it" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"What makes you think it's a difficult decision?" I asked seeing she was becoming uncomfortable and had to excuse herself.

I hadn't had sex with Marquis in months so depending on how many months I was - Ralph was more than likely the father.

"Niggas are really trash" I mumbled as I lifted my shirt up and stared at my stomach that was still flat.

I did feel an ounce of guilt in my chest by the way it tightened, I felt like I couldn't breathe almost.

I reached into my purse and pulled out a small bottle of water and took a few sips to calm my nerves.

What the fuck was I of all people gonna do with a baby? Ralph and I hadn't even been on a date and were just having fun and I'd really gotten knocked up by him.

What made me feel even worse was because the only person I wanted to talk to was my sister, but Alexis held grudges and hadn't been returning my phone calls.

I shut my eyes and waited a couple of minutes before my doctor returned. She spoke with me for awhile and we talked about alternatives and she told me again to sleep on it before I made such a huge decision.

The decision wasn't that huge to me because I'd made it before and it was never this hard. Maybe because I knew the type of man my ex was and I knew to never curse my children with him for a father.

I eventually gathered my stuff and left out of the doctors office and ruffled my curly hair.

Kara sat inside of my Mercedes in the drivers seat with the windows rolled down and caking on the phone with Neal's ugly ass.

She immediately hung the phone up once I swung the passenger door opened and got inside.

"I'm pregnant" I confirm and she gasped and accidentally hit the horn in the car.