Chapter Twenty Six. Every Moment.

Martin Diaz

-

Weeks had passed and things had calmed down around my siblings and I. Nobody had been shot at or felt threatened and if I didn't know this was probably the calm before the storm I would've let my guard down.

"I can't believe you really picking now to throw a party. Who the fuck needs a gender reveal?" I questioned Alexis as she was writing down a list of shit for me to pick up.

"Chantel has been really depressed and sad this pregnancy. I wanna do something nice for her and I love planning parties so it's a win for us both" She said with a shrug.

I looked around her apartment as Dana came down the hallway in a short skirt and a black crop top that said 'bitch' on the front if seen my sister wear once.

"Why she gotta come with me? You don't trust I can handle this?" I questioned and my sister rolled her eyes.

"I gotta go pick up the balloon and check on the decorations in Chantel's backyard. Have the cupcakes and cake there before noon" Alexis responded.

I went to say something else but Dana grabbed my hand and pulled me out of their apartment.

"I'll keep him in check. Don't worry" she told my sister who nodded and shut the door back.

Dana held onto my hand until we got into the elevator and once she finally looked down and realized she let go.

"Do you know the gender already or is it just Alexis?" I questioned and she bit her bottom lip.

"I can't say anything, but yes I know" She confirmed.

"Smile if I'm getting a nephew and wink if it's a niece" I said trying to get her to show a reaction but she kept a straight face not budging.

"I thought you didn't even care. You not about to have Alexis coming for my neck" Dana said as I cornered her in the elevator.

"I won't tell nobody" I promised trying to get her to give in but she wouldn't.

"Martin stop!" She laughed as I tickled her. The elevator doors opened up and as I went to tickle her again she quickly moved around me and out the door.

As I followed her I bumped into Michelle who paused when she saw us. She didn't say anything as she bumped passed me and walked into the elevator.

Quincy wasn't home so I knew she was probably going to Alexis' apartment for something.

"What's up with you and her?" Dana questioned as I caught up with her and led her out of the lobby.

"Nothing. I just wish I would've kept shit professional with her" I admit and Dana nodded.

"Well we got time to kill before we gotta go to the bakery and pick up the stuff. Wanna treat me to some ice cream?" Dana questioned nudging me.

I hit the alarm on my car and eyed her as she gave me a sneaky smile.

"How would Lucas feel about that?" I asked and she seemed to freeze up.