we meet again (2)

-Sophie's POV

i went up stairs and changed in to some sweat pants and a purple tank top. I let down my hair and brushed it out leaving it to air dry.

before going back down stairs I looked at myself in the mirror. I had no make up on and my face was a little red from being out side all day.

"well I guess this will do. I mean he must not have liked me enough to come back till now so why should I bother..." I said to myself, before going back down stairs.

"hey sweet heart." daddy said when I came back down stairs.

"hey daddy!" I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"you hungry? I bought home some bojos." he said.

my eyes lit up at the sound of the name of my favorite place to eat.

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a plate and stared putting tenders and fries on my plate.

"what did i tell y'all!" I heard Nate say.

I turned around to see Ashley, Nate and Scotty looking at me, and laughing

"what?" I asked innocently.

"you always go crazy over bojangles. its just so funny!" Nate said.

I rolled my eyes and sat my plate down so I could poor some tea.

"look my and bojos here have been in a very committed relationship for 18 years now. and ain't nothing going to change that!" I said smiling.

they all laughed .

after I ate. I told every one I was going out for a walk.

I really needed to get away from Scotty. I just want to run up and hug him. but I know I can't.

I was sitting on the sand watching the waves crash in to the shore when a familiar deep voice spoke up.

"hey." I heard Scotty say.

I looked up and softly smiled. "hey" i said.

"you mind if I sit?" he asked.

"no not at all." I smiled.

he sat down be side me in the sand and looked out at the waves.

we sat there for a long while in silence it was pretty awkward...

finally he spoke up.

"Sophia.. im--" "I'm happy for you Scotty. you made your dream come true. that's all that matters." I interrupted him.

I didn't look at him though. tears were stinging my eyes and I knew if I looked at him I would cry.

"thanks.." he said.

it got quiet again.

"so how's it been? you know living your dream?" I asked, getting tired of the silence.

"its been good... great actually..." he said.

"well that's good. I'm proud of you." I said with a small smile.

"Sophie, I need to tell you something.." he said a little louder now.

"what is it?" I asked, still not looking at him.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"for what?" I laughed.

"Sophie, please look at me. " he said.

when I didn't move, cupped my face with his hand and forced me to look at him.

"sophia!" he said as he turned my head to face him.

"I'm--" "Scotty stop!" I yelled cutting him off.

I stood up and wiped the sand off and started to walk back to my house.

"shopie?!" he yelled after me.

I felt his hand grab hold of my wrist and I jerked away from him.

"stop it Scotty! okay? just stop!" I yelled turning around. "I mean what are you sorry for? making your dream come true? heck I wish I had half the guts you did! I wish i could make my dream come true. but I'm just not that kind of person! I'm not like you! I'm proud of you for making your dreams come true so stop saying sorry! I mean yeah it hurt when you didn't come back but I don't blame you okay? so stop saying sorry!" I yelled, and with that I ran back to my house and didn't stop till I hit my bed.

I didn't bother changing cloths or washing my face and brushing my teeth. I just cried in to my pillow till i finally fell asleep.