Chapter 11

“What about you? You’re not exactly what everyone thinks.” He sneers. My breath hitches a little. “Little miss perfect sleeping with a different a guy every night. Now what would everyone say?”

“What?” I'm glad he doesn’t know the truth, but I don’t need him believing some sort of lie.

“You heard me.” He folds his arms looking at me with his eyes full of judgment and disgust.

I try remain confident, but slightly failing by the sound of my voice coming out low and shaky “Well, you’re wrong.” With that, I slam the door shut.

-

Murmurs fill the classroom as Ms. Gillian leaves us to finish the rest of our work for today. Getting slightly irritated by the noise coming from behind me, I work faster hoping I would finish this today and won’t have to bring it home. The talking becomes louder and the feeling of them talking about me sets in my stomach. Feeling self-conscious, I decide to turn around to see what they are murmuring about. Just as I turn, my eyes lock with Jay who is now giving the evilest grin I’ve ever seen. I turn back about to face the board and continue working. The group of people behind me erupted with snickers, and me catching the words “slut” and “whore” coming from them.

Sighing, I duck my head and wishing for the bell to ring.

-

“Hey, you okay?” I look at the hand on my shoulder before nodding.

Mary shifts into the seat next to me making herself comfortable. I pick on my food with my fork, thinking about how everything sucks.

“Are you sure? You don’t seem like yourself.”

Shocked by Mary’s sudden kindness, I blurt out “You don’t either.”

She put her fork down and lays her hand on her lap. “I know how I’ve been to you before and I’ve been doing some thinking….” She trails off. “It’s our senior year, and I can’t keep being mean to you. It’s not a good way to spend our last year here hating each other. Forgive me?” She gives me a soft smile.

“Sure.” I smile back, it won’t hurt to forgive her. She let out a squeal and hugs me tightly.

“Oh my gosh. We have so much to do!”

“So much to do?” I narrow my eyebrows at her in confusion.

“Yeah, but first things first. Why is Jay Colton staring at you?” She raise her eyebrows, grinning.

I turn around to look at their usual spot. Jay currently has his arm around a blond while she rubs her hands up and down his chest. Across him are his friends Nick and Luke with different girls latched into them whispering things into their ears making them giggle. Jay catches my eyes and smirks at my direction. Nick notices me looking, but his eyes trails down on the girl sitting next to me. Panic fill his eyes and he pushes off the brunette sitting on his lap, making her land butt first on the ground.

Laughter erupts in the cafeteria. I didn’t even know that much people noticed her fall. I guess it wasn’t just me looking at them. The girl glares at Nick and he shrugs. After a couple of seconds of her on the floor realizing he isn’t gonna help her up, she stands by herself straightening her shirt, before strutting out the door.

“Wow.” Mary mouths next to me. “Dramaaaaa.” She sings.

The last bell of the day just rang. I’m making my way to my locker, eager to get all my things and drive to the warehouse. As I get the sight of my locker, I see a group of people surrounding it. I walk towards the crowd, tiptoeing when I got near trying to get a glimpse of what everybody’s looking at. Everyone’s head turn, and stepping aside to make way for me. I see a familiar boy writing something with a black marker on my locker.

‘Slut’ He wrote in big bold letters.

Stepping aside to admire his work, a proud smile stretches upon his lips.

I make my may towards him, fuming in anger. I don’t know what I did, but all I know is that it felt good. Now everyone’s jaws are dropped on the floor as they look at me with a shocked expression.

“Mr. Colton, would you like to explain your side of the story please?” Our principal, Mr. Young asks Jay.

We’re currently in the principal’s office. In front of me is Mr. Young behind his giant wooden desk, while me and him sit on the other side.

“She punched me.” He says with a flat tone. “End of story.”

My eyes widen in surprise. “That’s a lie!” I protest.

Mr. Young raises his hand telling me to stop. I huff and shrink back into my seat as Jay explains “His side of the story” which contains of him telling a complete made-up lie, in where I randomly came up to him and punched him.

“Ms. Traiton, your side of the story?” Finally it’s my turn to burn the bitch down.

I let myself tell him about everything that happened, not leaving a single detail. From where I saw him writing on my locker and where my fist connected with his nose. “Yes I did punch him, but I was angry.” I confess.

The idiot next to me scoffs. “So what if I was labeling her locker? It’s not long until everyone finds out anyways. If anything I was helping her, now guys know who to look for.” He grins.

I scowl in disgust as those words leave his mouth. I lift my eyes from the ground and to Mr. Young who is mirroring the same disgusted look I have.

Oh god, I hope he doesn’t believe him.

“Ms. Traiton I am very disappointed on how you used violence to try to solve your problems. I am afraid I’d have to assign you with detention.” Mr. Young says, disappointment fills his eyes.

“B-b-but.” I try to protest.

“No buts.” He cuts in, making Jay snicker.

“Don’t think you’ll get off that easy Mr. Colton. Both of you will get detention for the rest of the week.” The smile on Jay’s face falls, now replaced by the glare he’s giving me.

Jay’s POV

Okay, I may have overreacted by writing Slut on her locker. Something inside me made me do it. It sucks knowing this girl next to me will never be mine. I mean, look at her; hazel eyes, brown hair, full lips. I know it may seem all simple, but in her it’s amazing how she can make it look so perfect.

Telling my family I was dating her so I wouldn’t get sent away may have been really stupid. To be honest, I thought she would have been flattered. I never introduced anyone as my girlfriend, not even close. I thought after hearing that, she would fall into my arms and giggle and blush like a lovesick girl. Was I stupid to believe that.

When I saw her with that guy come into my house for dinner I felt a pang of jealousy. I knew he would have been her boyfriend, but she never mentioned anything so I left the options open. The next day, I came to her house to see how is she since my plan to make her fall on my feet obviously did not work. When the door opened, I was greeted by a scowl. Assjack. The same guy who wouldn’t let me take her out before. I was confused on why there are different guys in her house with her early in the morning. She told me she lived alone without her parents, so I kind of put the two and two together and her sleeping around is what I came up with. Even I couldn’t bring myself to believe that. Her? Sleeping around? She too good, too innocent to even think about such a thing.

Now I'm sitting next to this girl, while the principal writes our detention slips for the week. She’s fuming. I can tell she’s extremely angry. She’s probably thinking on how all of this is going down on her permanent record or something, but it’ll be worth it. She gets to spend afterschool everyday with me. Trust me, her refusing act will fall. I already know she at least like me a bit. The way she looked at me in class when we got into our little argument about me and my seat. Yeah, I’ll use that against her. I was ordered to watch her, might as well have a little fun.

 (This chapter took alittle longer than the others. Hopefully you'll like it, even though its short. I will also be changing the cover today, the previous one will be on the side.)