| 三十

donut be a ghost reader o3o

D I S C L A I M E R:

This took place when Namjoon and Soomi were both seven.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

NAMJOON'S STORY

MOTHER:
"Namjoon-ah.. when you grow up, you have to thank the Jeon family okay? You have to appreciate them for giving us a chance to start anew here,"

MOTHER:
"Do you understand? Namjoon, we are forever indebted to the Jeon family. You must never forget that,"

NAMJOON:
"Yes, mother"

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

SOOMI:
"Mommy! Mommy! There are strangers outside!"

MS JEON:
"Yes, Soomi.. these are our guests. Don't be so rude okay? This is not how a girl should behave!"

MS KIM:
"Ah.. Ms Jeon.. thank you so much for offering my family to stay. And thank you for letting my mother to stay in the hospital,"

MS JEON:
"Well, that's the least that I could do! Your family helped us out numerous times back when we were in a fallen state. You reached out your hands to ours first. It is obviously a given for us to reciprocate that kind gesture of yours,"

MS KIM:
"Thank you.. thank you so much."

MS JEON:
"Soomi, go play together with Namjoon. Make friends with one another alright? Since Jungkook is having his piano lessons right now, he would join the both of you later."

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

SOOMI:
"Let's play a game!"

NAMJOON:
"No.. I have to study."

SOOMI:
"But mommy said to make friends with you! Soomi is very lonely.. mama and papa only pays attention to brother Jungkook. They don't really care about me.."

SOOMI:
"So when mommy told me to do something, I feel that I need to make her verrryyy proud!"

NAMJOON:
"Hah.. what a child-like behaviour of thinking. I do not have time to waste on your games. I have to study. I have to get good grades and go to a good school so that my mother wouldn't have to worry about the money,"

SOOMI:
"Wa! You are a child like Soomi as well but you are thinking about your future already!!!"

SOOMI:
"What do you wanna be when you grow up, Joonie?"

SOOMI:
"I want to be a famous person so that my mama and papa would love me more than my brother!"

NAMJOON:
"... I want the become a doctor. I want to save people's lives. So that in the near future, I can bring smiles to everyone's faces. To be just like the doctors that are helping my grandma right now,"

SOOMI:
"Yay! Let's both become rich and famous in the future so that we can spread joy and laughter to everyone in the world! Pinkie promise?"

NAMJOON:
"Pinky promise."

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

As time passes on, he fell deeply in love with her. Soomi blossomed into a lovely maiden, with hair as soft as silk, full lips as red as an apple and such an enticing aroma as fresh as the morning flowers.

But he knew. He knew that those eyes were following in a daze to someone she was not supposed to look at in the first place.

Hyemi.

Her brother's girlfriend.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

SOOMI:
"It's so frustrating, Namjoon-ah! Why? Why? Why must she love him? Why can't she love me? Where do I lack in comparison? We're twins! Twins, Namjoon! We're so similar aren't we? I even chopped off my hair to look a bit more like this perfectly sculptured brother of mine,"

SOOMI:
"I don't understand, Namjoon. I didn't asked to be born as a girl. I don't want this body. I don't want anything! I want to be just like my brother!"

NAMJOON:
"Soomi.. your life is for your own to live. Don't carry on living with the expectancy to live up to somebody else. You're just fine, Soomi."

SOOMI:
"You just don't realise the amount of pain and heartache that I have to through. Why is his life so wonderful? Why can't I be just like him?"

NAMJOON:
"Don't cry.. I'll protect you. Soomi, I promise that I won't let anyone hurt you again. You're such a fragile little thing.. I feel as though you'll break anytime soon."

NAMJOON:
I'll protect you, Soomi. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again. I will assure you of that.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆