| 三十八

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

+ reni

he flew his fists towards the concrete wall, causing his knuckles to turn white and blood flowing out from his wound.

he glares at me with a cold look on his face, looking down, he spoke.

"don't ever talk about her ever again,"

i glance at his figure slowly making his way back to his room before slapping myself. it was honestly really stupid of me, i should've known that judging by the amount of girls he brought back everyday, the answer was obvious.

but the way we were goofing around endlessly made me thought that it'll be great to just squeeze that matter in for the sake of my curiosity. what a great way to ruin the mood, reni.

i stood up, walking towards the backyard. nature was like a solitude to me, a few inhalation of the fresh lavender lingering in the air would make my mood change instantly.

"hello?"

i look up to see a young lady who was probably in her mid 20s. she wore a reddish beret, her light blue dress swaying back and forth with the wind as her light make-up enhances her natural features. she was beautiful.

"u-uh yes?" i stutter unknowingly, adjusting the hem of my shirt.

"may i know where's the jeon resident?" she asks with a soft smile, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ears.

"ah," i gasp before continuing. "this is the place you're looking for, do you need anything?"

"ah! こにちわ!" she exclaims excitedly.
(hello)

"i'm sorry what?" i scrunch up my nose in attempt to figure out what she just said before she pulls me into a hug.

"ah i'm sorry, my korean isn't that good and i tend to give hugs to people i like!" she smiles brightly, hurting my eyes. this can't be true, someone as innocent as her really exists?

"it's fin—"

before i could finish my sentence, she dashes past me and towards a familiar figure — jeon jungkook.

"kookie!" she squeals, pulling him into a hug.

my eyes widen, as i clench tightly onto my shirt. my heart was beating rapidly, as if it was going to jump out of my chest any moment.

he smiles warmly at her, something he has never ever done for me before before returning the friendly gesture — a little too friendly. i bit my lips hard, feeling the blood in contact with my tongue.

he never allows me to call him by that name. why her? he said it was simply disgusting.. or was he just referring to the person who said it?

i turn towards the beautiful girl, as she gives me a bright smile. how can i possibly hate her? what's wrong with you, reni? come back to your senses.

"u-um... who is she?" i asks softly, not daring to look into his eyes.

"she's a new transfer student from japan. father asked me to take care of her for the time being since she was new to korea and also for the fact that my father and hers are extremely close friends," he replies nonchalantly, causing me to nod my head a little in reply.

grabbing onto her arms, he softly smiles at her, making her cheeks grow a light crimson colour. my heart felt a pang yet again, i rub my chest in circular motions.

what's wrong with me? should i go see a doctor?

-

she settles down in my room, placing her luggage onto her side of the room. apparently we're sharing the same room too, what a luck.

"hey," i say, trying to start conversation with her. "what's your name?"

she perks up at my sudden question before settling down beside me, legs crossed. "my name's nakamura misaki, i'm the same age as you and i love cheese!"

what is this overwhming innocence? how can this be? my eYES, IT BURNS.

"i'm lee reni and i suck,"

"suck? what is meaning?" her eyes grew larger.

oh gosh i can't take this.

"oh nothing at all, by the way. why'd you come to korea?" i tried to change topics as she blushes at my question.

what?

"it's because of someone,"

oh wow, definitely mr fucken jeon dickhead am i right?

"who?" i asks, though i was sure that the answer is pretty darn obvious.

"not telling!" she sticks out her tongue like a little kid before flopping down on my bed, cuddling up in my blankets.

"who?" i insists, before she drags me down along with her.

"you,"

"just kidding!" she laughs out loud before going back to her side of the bed, "don't worry, i like guys."

"ahaha... yeah." i laugh it off awkwardly as the both of us sat in silence.

-

"hey loser, is dinner rea—"

my eyes widen at the sight in front of me before i screech in anger. "what the fuck jeon jungkook, didn't you told me that dinner is 2 hours later? why on earth are you eating now?!"

"i changed my mind," he says with a calm tone before looking down at his phone.

"misaki why didn't you call me out to eat?" i asks her, clearly disappointed as she opens her mouth slightly. "he said that you've already ate and you just went back to sleep.. i'm sorry i didn't know."

my anger was rising and all it needed was the final straw to make it explode.

"you can have the leftovers, you pig."

that's it.

"OH YOU FUCKING DICK, MY VAGINA IS BLEEDING, I DON'T HAVE CHOCOLATE AND ALL I NEEDED WAS FOOD, AT LEAST THERE WOULD BE SOMETHING I SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR BUT NOOOO, YOU HAVE TO ACT CHILDISH BY SAYING SHITS LIKE "oh i changed my mind" YOU GON CATCH THESE HAN—"

before i could land a punch on his face, he grips onto my hand tightly. so tightly until there was even a brusie visible.

"you better shut the fuck up before i throw you and your bullshits out of the house. i don't fucking care if you report it to father because you're just an insignificant fuck, afterall, i'm still the rightfully heir in the jeon family. you don't have the rights to say anything," he glares at me before pushing me towards the ground, dusting his hands on his pants, he walks back upstairs.

"a-ah.. reni are you alright?" misaki crouch down beside me, dabbing the ointment onto the wounds on my head and hands. tears were threatening to escape as i bit my lips as hard as i could to prevent her to see my weak and vulnerable side.

"i'm fine don't worry. this is normal for me anyways," i force out a smile before flinching at the sharp pain of the ointment in contact with my wound.

sometimes i wonder why i even decided to stay in this wretch of a place.

-