| 三十六

A / N ;

Hihi~ This is a new format inspired
by this wonderful author hepburnettes.

Should I continue with this
format?

my mid - years are still
ongoing and it's killing me.

[ this story takes place in the future. reni's
brother had abandoned her, filled with despair,
she came upon the jeon family. they took her in.
all she needed to do was act as jeon soomi. ]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

HE SCREAMS IN frustration. Chugging down the remaining pills scattered around his desk, he swallowed it all. His mind was in a blurry state, everything was dizzy. He was stuck in a loop, he didn't want to accept the reality of losing his precious little sister.

It never happened, no. It was a dream. All a dream, right? Just a bad nightmare that would be gone in a matter of time, it would cease to exist. And everything would be the same as before.

But no. This was reality. He couldn't face it - no, he didn't want to face it. He shouldn't. Because he's trapped in his own dreams, dreams of euophoric memories. Still unaware of the truth, and the moment he steps out of his solitude, it would be his ultimate downfall.

.

.

.

She drags her luggage against the rocky pavement, arriving at the mansion in front of her eyes. She was emotionally broken, she couldn't do anything, not even to regain her smile. She needed to survive, she had to. For the sake of her mother and everyone revolving around her.

She was strong, she knew that herself. So strong that it's breaking her entire being into mere pieces, unable of fixing them back together.

Knocking on the door, footsteps could be heard. It was sloppy, draggy, as if the person behind that door never anticipated her arrival.

The two met, their eyes locked with each other. But they held no emotions, no spark, nothing at all. But the one thought that filled their mind was that they were just like each other, broken on the inside, incapable of regaining the happiness they once felt and had. They don't deserve it, but when the time comes and their world became brighter again, the guilt will come back and eat them alive.

.

.

.

"Jungkookie!" A female in long, wavy brown hair dashes towards the male. Pulling him into a big hug, giving him sloppy kisses onto his cheeks.

He kisses her back affectionately, earning a satisfied grin from her as she glances at me. Not acknowledging their presence, I continued to shift my attention back to my book.

"Kookie... who's that girl?" She asks, feigning innocence for god knows what reason.

"She's my sister," He nonchalantly replies, earning a glare from me as I shut my book in dismay. A few years has passed since then, and his family showered me with warmth and care, soon, his mother decided to adopt me. I had no reason to decline her offer, considering how they've been looking after me for so long. But I wasn't alone, I still have a brother. And it's certainly not that bastard.

"Your sister? Oh my. Honestly, she looks like trash compared to you." The girl giggles loudly before tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Ofcourse. She's adopted afterall, hm maybe we should bring her for plastic surgery on her birthday?"

Huffing angrily, I dash back into the house, slamming the door to my room shut. Endure it, Reni. Endure it. Auntie and uncle are so nice to you, they treated you like you're their own daughter. You shouldn't leave because of that stupid imbecile.

But I knew.

They only cared and loved me so much because I was a replacement for Soomi. Ever since she passed away, the Jeon Co-operation was falling apart. The entire family was breaking apart, they weren't eating their meals and the joy in the house disappeared as if it wasn't there in the first place.

They don't truly love me, it was only affections of me acting as Soomi.

Laughter could be heard outside of my room as the door slams shut. He's going to do it again.

Every single day, a new girl would arrive at our doorsteps. Ever since auntie and uncle went on their honeymoon, the house was a place for his neediness to be fulfilled. It was absolutely horrid, the sounds were terrifying. I don't even want to imagine what on earth were they doing.

Dashing out of the house, I breathed in the fresh air. The sunset was absolutely breathtaking, sitting on the swing, I swung myself back and forth. My eyes closing softly, before I fell into a deep slumber.

.

.

.

I rub my eyes, only to find myself on my bed. Was I there the whole time? I could specifically remember I fell asleep on the swing.

"Here. You didn't eat dinner, don't get the wrong idea. These are just leftovers I didn't want to eat," Jungkook says with a blank look before placing the plate onto my hands, making his way out of my room.

"Wait! Were you the one who carried me here?" I asks with an arched brow as he gave repulsive expression. "What on earth are you talking about? You're too heavy for me to carry anyways."

"Yah, you bastard!" I retort back before throwing a broccoli at his face earning a groan from him before he slams the door.

My cheeks were heating up at the thought of him possibly carrying me here. I wonder why.