43

+reni

i woke up to the smell of fried eggs and the bright morning sun, my mouth agape open the moment i saw the person in front of me.

"what are you doing?" i point towards him. he just simply shrugs back, "cooking, what else?"

"i didn't knew you could cook," shuddering, i added, "are you perhaps adding some poison extract as we speak?"

he rolls his dark brown eyes in return, drizzling oil onto the cutely shaped octopus-like hotdogs. "i totally am adding poision into my own share of portion as well. real funny, reni."

"oh come on! it's a possibility, is it not?" i snort.

furrowing my eyebrows, i can't seem to remember about yesterdays. "what happened yesterday? i remembered i got knocked out and.." my head began to sting. jungkook notices and hurriedly pass me a glass of water.

"don't think too much about it..." his eyes dart towards the ground. "it's nothing too bothersome,"

"i clearly heard shoutings and i could've sworn i saw bl-"

my eyes widens, "what happened to your mouth?!"

"god, there's cuts on the corner. did you not apply your ointment?" i say hastily, searching for my personal med-kit.

he scratches his head, "well, it was too much trouble."

"and like i said, you don't need to worry so much about it. it's nothi-"

i glare back at him, "whoever that person who knocked me out was, though i hate to say it, you saved me and because of me, you got these cuts. the least i could do is to attend to your injuries."

his fists clench onto the corner of the couch as i dab the ointment on the dried-up cuts. a moment later, his nostrils grew larger as he stand straight up. "the hotdogs!"

dashing towards the kitchen, he scooped up the hotdogs and placed them onto a plate, heaving a sigh of relief that made me can't help but to laugh at his misery.

"it's just hotdogs, kookie." i say on an impulse before quickly covering my mouth shut, remembering vividly about how he absolutely detested me calling him that. but to my surprise, he didn't show any signs of anger, in fact, what was on his face was instead a sad smile.

"soomi used to call me that.. as well as hyemi. it's just-" he clenches onto the corner of the table. "i don't want to remember them so often, yeah? i didn't mean to-"

and he finally cried.

after months of endless sufferings he kept to himself, he finally let it all out. the feelings he kept to himself ever since his eyes look down on his dearest sister's gravestone, and the day soomi left him.

seeing him in such a vulnerable state makes me think of something which i can only define as selfish.

i thought i was special.

that he showed another side of him to me and only me.

and it lit a spark inside of me.