41 | the party

i pulled down my dress, anxiously trying to make it seem like knees length; ah, as i thought

i pulled down my dress, anxiously trying to make it seem like knees length; ah, as i thought. this outfit was too revealing right? i thought to myself, feeling cautious of what jimin would think the moment he sees me.

maybe jungkook would be-

stop thinking about it. he'll never look at you in that way, plus he has plenty of girls surround him who's way prettier than you.

i sigh, peeking around the corner to see if jimin was already downstairs. seeing that he's not, i heaved a sigh of relief.

"what're you standing here looking so stupid for?" a voice alerted me.

i spun around, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ears. "i-i, preparing to go to the party ofcourse!"

"you shouldn't be wearing this sort of thing," jungkook says, diverting his attention away from me. "i'll let you know that this is a buisness party and not something you can go dressing up so slutty for."

my cheeks turned a bright red, fuming at his statement. "why you-!"

before i could finish my sentence, the doorbell rang and there appeared a familiar figure with his blond hair slicked backwards and his well - ironed tuxedo.

"hello?" he says aloud, looking around. "ah reni!" his lips curved into a smile as he waved fondly at me, my cheeks growing redder.

"i-i'm going to change," i meekly said out loud before dashing back to my room.

slamming my door shut, i took a few deep breath. since when did jimin start to turn out so attractive.. or was he already like that from the day we first met?

i shaked my head quickly before picking out a simple pastel blue dress, sighing to myself, i threw the previous piece on my bed. i guess jungkook was right, it did looked slutty.

-

"woah," jimin gasp. "you're so beautiful,"

he stares at me dunbstruck, my eyes widen at his compliment before smacking his head. "don't be silly,"

"ah, who's that?" jimin eyed that lady from head to toe, causing me to feel annoyed. "is she your new girlfriend?"

jungkook merely smirks, "i don't know." he says before pushing her towards his lean built, their lips coming into contact. my heart stopped, i couldn't breathe. "is she?"

"let's go," i manage to croak out, walking ahead without them.

i feel so sick. what's wrong with me?

i head into the passenger seat immediately, jimin consequtively darting worrisome glances at me as i stare out of the window, my heart feeling heavier by the second.

-

stepping out of the car, the four of us made our way into the ballroom. hundreds of famous and wealthy people were scattered around, chatterings and laughter filling up the room.

jungkook's parents stood near the fountain, happily chatting away with someone whom i assume were their business partners considering how uncle was shaking his hands with them.

"father," jungkook greets, gaining his father's attention. "good evening."

jimin softly break out into laughters before whispering into my ears, "he acts so tough around us but he's just a goody-two-shoes in front of his dad huh?"

uncle nods his head in reply, turning his gaze towards me. "reni, is that your boyfriend?" he raises a brow.

"the both of you matches quite well," auntie cuts in, smiling before pulling jimin towards her, whispering some stuffs that left him into a blushing mess.

she winked at me before walking off with her husband.

"what did she say?" i pulled his arms, he was still standing there speechless. "gosh you're such a dummy."

"reni, i'm heading to the bathroom alright?" jimin informs me before dashing out of the hall.

i shrug in reply, my throat feeling dry, i headed towards the table and grabbed myself some fruit punch.

"why does this.." i murmur to myself, out of breath. "...feel..s-s.o.....weird?"

"miss are you alright?"

i gulped down a glass of wine, wiping my lips with the sleeves of my shirt

"jungkook.. i'm so tired, could we go back?" minseo whines, hooking her arms tightly around me. "let's have some fun at your pl-"

"get your fucking hands off me, you bitch!" i yell back, shaking her off. "don't ever appear in front of my eyes again,"

i stumble off, not caring about the looks those people were giving me. not caring if they were judging me as the president's son.

i leaned down on the wall, coughing.

water. i choke out, before pushing myself up again. "i need water,"

just then, a familiar figure walked in front of me.

reni?

"what the fuck are you doing to her?" i shouted, throwing a punch on that man's face. "get lost,"

"reni are you alri-"

before i could finish my sentence, that man swung a stick across my face, causing me to fall back.

i wiped the blood on the corner of my mouth, "what do you want?"

i smirked.

"mr kim namjoon,"