42 | namjoon

who would've thought that in a single moment, the two who used to be inseparable, would meet in a scenario like this and to think that one of them held a malicious intent?

"namjoon, you bastard. what did you do to her?" i spat out, my eyes fixated onto the asleep figure. "all i did was knock her out with this stick, pretty simple wasn't it?"

"i knew my sister forced you to comply to her rules," my eyes darts towards the ground. "but she's dead, namjoon."

he chuckles dryly, "dead? she would never leave me. so long this bitch here is still alive."

my eye twitches slightly, my fist itching to land on his pitiful face. "well,"

"in the end, she still did. i must say that i honestly don't feel any sort of sadness towards soomi, she deser-"

he sprinted towards me, forcefully gripping onto my collar. "don't you fucking say that about her. you knew,"

"you knew how much she loved you, you knew how much she sacrificed herself for you, everything she did was just for fucking you. all she ever wanted was your love and concern, but Mr Prince Charming here was so preoccupied with the fucken hags around you that you can't even give her a simple thing like that." he huffs, throwing me towards the ground.

i picked myself up in a steady manner, stumbling from the impact before straightening my tie. "i must say that i'm quite surprise that you of all people would defend a wretch like soomi. the fact that you're still stupidly trying to defend her when she had brought so much heartbreaks to you is sick. could you be, a masochist?"

i smiled gleefully when his ears grew a bright red. eunwoo was such a shy kid and it was always a joy to tease him about the redness of his ears whenever he was embarassed, those times were the happiest moments of my life.. at least, it used to be.

"i-" he tilts his head to the side, landing his eyes on the girl laying on the ground. "i originally wanted to commit suicide. soomi and i promised to tell you the truth after all this was over, but who would've thought that strong girl would just leave me with a big wound in my heart huh? everyone around me aren't here anymore, why continue living on? i thought, i should at least fulfil soomi's wish before i die."

he smiles, "grandma's probably so disappointed in who i am right now,"

"would you care to join me?"

i stare at him, the corners of my mouth turning into a frown. "do you think i would so easily give you my toy for your own self-satisfaction?"

in a blink of an eye, the rage-filled man in front of me flew a fist towards my direction, managing to hit the corner of my mouth.

i smirked, aiming for that one thing that is guaranteed for an escape route - a man's balls.

as expected, he fell to the ground in a hasty manner, groaning a few profanities.

i crouched down hurriedly, scooping reni up and carried her bridal style before dashing back into the ballroom.

though i may act tough and extremely cocky, the fact that i can't fight still remains.

placing her down slowly onto the back of the car, my mouth turned a thin slit.

"i'm sorry,"