| 三十九

A / N ;

Hi !!!1!1!1!1 oh look it's yo hairy ass
author deciding to finally update after
732884818371627171 years!!!1!1!1

Jk.

Honestly, I want to express my gratitude to those who especially took time to comment on my stories
a n d my message board, browsing through, voting on my stories every once in a while, or just simply being a ghost reader, I just want to say that all of you mean a lot to me and it's the only thing that pushes me to put more efforts into my book and more to come in the future, well, along with my passion for writing too. I appreciate your ever-so-nice comments every once in a while, it really brings a smile to my face.

T H A N K Y O U

I purple you 💜.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

+reni

if one could say that they've never ever had a point of time in life where they felt like the world's going against their back, everything is tearing apart, that it's just too fucking tiring. would you believe them?

i envy those people — always having a smile on their faces, never seem to bother that much with life, just too carefree.

i used to wonder to myself, what exactly have i done wrong for me to become the wreck state i am now? was it something that i've said, done and showed?

or was it just every single thing.

"renren! oh gosh, you need to hurry up, jungkook won't listen to me, he's already on his way to his car and i don't think he has any plans of waiting for us—"

"oh," i simply said. taking my own time to slowly button my uniform. isn't it funny how we're practically university students yet things such as a uniform was still mandatory? i would never get the mindset of adults and what's going on in their heads.

"let's go!" misaki chirps, pulling my arms as i hastily grab my bag, rushing down the stairs to see an impatient looking rabbit glaring at us.

"took you long enough," he rolls his eyes, climbing into his car as we made our own way in.

"why did you even decided to wait for us if you're just going to show an attitude?" i retort back, irritated at his unreasonable behaviour towards us, me especially.

"none of your fucking concern, be glad that i felt like waiting for the both of you slowpokes today, you have nothing to complain about, so just shut your filthy mouth." he replies, i could see a smirk place on his face as he glances at the rear view mirror.

i balled my hands into a fist, my mouth placed in a thin slit. i didn't want to argue back with a brat like him, no — i can't. he was the type who had and would always find a way to talk it out of you and make everything go his way, he was extremely manipulative. and i would always fall for it every single time.

"don't worry too much about it," misaki whispers to me, a small smile placed on her pale face. i return the small gesture, my anger slowly subsiding throughout the car ride which the three of us sat in silence.

-

"jimjams?" a wide smile plasters on my face as i pulled the boy whom i've missed so dearly into a big hug.

"you didn't tell me that you were attending here too," i pout slightly, resulting him to laugh, his eye smile producing a crescent slit — just the way i remembered it.

"i wanted to surprise you!" he claps his hands together, a bright beam of aura surrounding him in his presence. was he that excited to see me?

"hey you ugly gorilla, i'm not saying this because i want to but because i need you, but, i missed you so much!" he slaps my back hard, placing his hands on his hips while grinning profusely at my miserable whines.

"is this how you treat your one and only best friend in the world?" i playfully roll my eyes, attempting to take revenge when i felt a hand stopping me to do so.

"hurry up, first period starts at eight sharp." i look up to see the one person i hate oh-so-deeply as i try hard to stop myself from rolling my eyes.

"can't you see that me and chimchim are having a moment? and since when do you care if i was late or not, you've always been a self-centred little brat ever since i stepped foot into your house." i answer back, we stood in silence for a couple of seconds, my eyes locked with his, and i could've sworn i saw his expression growing softer before a vile smirk was placed on his face.

"i have to act as the dependent older brother right? haha... yeah, no. i'll like to give you an extreme clear warning that i do not want to associate with the likes of you, you'll just tarnish my reputation. and nobody needs to know that there's a second jeon soomi in the house which my loving parents pitifully adopted in the midst of their most desperate times. if you'll excuse me," he pushes his way through, walking away as misaki walks timidly beside him, not giving me a glance.

i shook it off, hooking arms with jimin, we made our way to our respective venues.

-

after an hour long of lecture about basically how we should never engage in any suspicious activities or unaccepted behaviour and dress code that could basically result into the collapsing of this school, i sigh to myself.

this school is honestly too uptight, even though it is a private academy, we are still university students afterall. and we could, and should be able to make our own decisions, wear what we like and just enjoy our last few bits of school life before stepping foot into the cold and bitter reality of the world we call society.

"mmn, i have to go to the bathroom, wait for me in class alright?" i inform jimin as he nods, walking in the opposite direction of me.

even after many attempts of roaming around the school, i still couldn't find the bathroom. it's the fact that there were so many staircases and different routes that makes me confused.

at this rate i'm going, i'll definitely raise suspicions among the teachers, considering how i didn't had a pass along with me. mustering my courage, i made my way to a rather petite looking boy. his bed hair was all over the place as he slowly pushes his glasses up.

"excuse me, do you know where the bathroom is?" i asks with a pat on his shoulders, biting my lips.

he spun around as my eyes widen. "yoongi?"

"oh no, not you again."

-