CHAPTER 4

After what was an extremely late night for me, considering the fact that I'm usually in bed at the latest by ten but came home last night at nearly three in the morning,  I'm left feeling as though I were a zombie crawling out of bed this Saturday...

After what was an extremely late night for me, considering the fact that I'm usually in bed at the latest by ten but came home last night at nearly three in the morning,  I'm left feeling as though I were a zombie crawling out of bed this Saturday morning. Whilst I had no plans for the day and could have slept for as long as I pleased my mind didn't feel like letting me relax. Instead it thought it'd be nice to turn my inner alarm clock on, waking me up at nine in the morning and that was with me tossing and turning for who knew how long in an attempt to get some extra sleep.

 Six hours was most definitely still a decent sleep for most people but I truly loved my sleep and devoured the chance to sleep in when the opportunity would arise, hence the usually going to sleep earlier. I knew I wasn't selfish to ask for my sleep as Charlie was still deep in sleep at the foot of my bed, barely lifting his head to acknowledge me as I moved out of bed.

After slipping on my fluffy blue robe and going to the bathroom to rinse my face, I escape the stuffiness of my room and make my way to the kitchen. My stomach had been rumbling repetitively for the last half an hour or so, clearly eager to have something new in it since my addictive eating of popcorn early last night.

As I make my way to the kitchen through the living room I make sure to tread ever so slightly, consciously avoiding the spot by the couch where the floor would creak every time. I felt as though I was a teenager trying to sneak around the house without getting caught by their family after they returned from their late night escapades. It certainly wasn't a situation I ever experienced when I was a teenager, being quite the demure introvert that I was. Meanwhile, Lexi still laid ever so innocently on my couch, curled up like a baby in her deep sleep; a stark contrast to her actions last night. 

Once I reach the archway where the kitchen begins I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't know I was keeping in, glad that I had made the trip across the living room without waking up Lexi. Lord knows how badly she needed this sleep after spending night after night out partying.

My desperation to keep her asleep wasn't due to any sense of anger or wrath that might arise upon waking Lexi up. She was generally a decent person to be around in the morning, no more cheerful or grumpy then the next person. It was actually quite satisfying to be in Lexi's presence in the morning in comparison to any other time of the day because she somehow managed to cut down on her usual amount of speaking which could get quite tiring.

Rather, the reason for my relief in not waking Lexi up was that I was definitely not ready to socialise so quickly after waking up, even if it was the dreary discussion that took place between my sister and I in the morning. Whilst I wasn't a bad morning person I most certainly was not a good morning person either, the line for my mood so early on being able to switch quite easily if I found myself in an interactive or annoying situation during my morning.

As I pondered over my routine morning habits, grateful for the solitude I had been gifted with in these initial moments of my day, it seemed that God was looking down at me and laughing like I was the mere puppet to his puppeteer.