CHAPTER 21

I stand there, face completely rid of any sense of emotion besides a glimpse of shock as my lips remain gaping open slightly

I stand there, face completely rid of any sense of emotion besides a glimpse of shock as my lips remain gaping open slightly. I'm trying to process all that I've done in such a brief period of time. Lexi had said that she needed to stop me before I did something stupid but it was definitely already too late. I had officially screwed up.

As the consequences of acting so rashly now stands before me and the regret sets in, I realise that there is something I desperately need to do.

"Oh my god Theo, I am so sorry," I apologise sincerely though I know I deserve no forgiveness, my hand rubbing my face as I process everything, "I was just so caught up with the shock and all of it that I didn't think. Yesterday you said you needed to tell me something and I thought I was some kind of detective piecing together all of the clues which led me to believe you got Lexi pregnant. You didn't deserve any of this and I most certainly don't deserve your forgiveness so I completely understand if you don't give it." I ramble on.

This incredibly short yet fast paced day continues with its surprises as, following my pleading, Theo moves as forward as he possibly can, considering our rather close proximity during my outburst, so that his grip is on the side of each of my arms; holding me in place.

"Ella, it's okay."

I look up at him with bewilderment clearly written all over my face, unsure of how he could possibly say that. I'm honest enough to say that if the roles had been reversed and he had randomly and wrongfully come to my house in the morning to yell at me and even slap me then I definitely wouldn't say it was okay.

"How is it okay? I yelled at you and literally slapped you for something you didn't do. You didn't deserve it." I tell him, me being the one to now furrow my eyebrows with bafflement. It was astonishing how quickly the tables could turn in life.

"No, I don't quite think I deserved all of that. I've made some mistakes but certainly not as many as you had thought I had. But, considering what you thought I had done, I don't blame you for all of it. If I had just been told that my little sister was pregnant and she happened to be seeing this particular guy to the best of my knowledge then I probably would've done the exact same thing as you." he explains.

"But still—"

"But still nothing. You made a mistake. We all fuck up sometimes." he reminds me. "You'll just have to make it up to me one day." he adds, giving me the slightest glimpse of a smirk along with it as though he's testing out the waters.

I respond to his comment with the most pathetic little chuckle, not in much of a mood for humour right now but feeling that he at least earned a slight laugh at his remark and the craziness of the situation.

"I think that's an understatement." I scoff, staring down at the floor with embarrassment as I say so.

Now that all is settled and Theo has miraculously forgiven me, a lot quicker than I expected, I take a moment for myself to take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down back to my normal state of self after everything. Once I feel as though my pace of breathing and heart rate has slowed down I look up to find Theo watching me closely. The slight imprint of my palm can still be found on his cheek but it appears to be fading well.