CHAPTER 22

Following the consequences of my irresponsible path of rage, I had somehow found myself having quite a normal interaction with Theo

Following the consequences of my irresponsible path of rage, I had somehow found myself having quite a normal interaction with Theo. If one were to have encountered our behaviour around one another, or our conversation, I don't believe they would have been able to guess that only moments ago I had thought he had impregnated my little sister and as result had not only insulted him in a number of ways but had also slapped him. Somehow we had agreed that we'd give each other another chance and were now going to give friendship a shot.

Some may call it blissful ignorance but I just figured why not? I had definitely been in the wrong just as much as him throughout our short but eventful time of knowing one another, if not more in the wrong after this morning's events. We may not even see each other often, if at all, now that Theo and Lexi have ended things; our only link being the magazine he was being featured in and Damon. So why not just let bygones be bygones and allow for this so called label of friendship to be declared between the two of us?

I sat with Theo in his kitchen for a little while longer, making small talk over glasses of water, before I finally made the decision to leave. I had my own plans and a sister, that I had seriously screwed things up for further, to return to. So, I waited for whatever trivial point of conversation we had arrived at to finish and made my way out of his castle in the clouds, a long day still ahead of me.

We bid each other a polite farewell and then I left, the whole elevator ride down consisting of me truly wondering if I would encounter Theodore Harrington again. I wasn't sure if I was more dismayed or satisfied with the possibility of having a life without his complications in it.

Even if I were to lose the complexities that came along with him, I most certainly had plenty to come from those that Lexi inserted in my life. I return home shortly where my sister awaits me, still in that same spot on my lounge, and I promptly join with her in a much needed lingering sisterly hug. Thankfully, Lexi's not angry with me for ditching her to only make things more complicated for her by wrongly accusing someone of getting her pregnant. We had both agreed that I had most definitely fucked up and that we were in dire need of a casual sister bonding day to try and cope with everything going on.

So we rounded up a handful of pillows and blankets to cuddle ourselves into and picked out a whole selection of incredibly unhealthy snacks to make ourselves feel better while we were watching cheesy rom-com after cheesy rom-com. Jess had left as soon as I had arrived to give us some space so it was just the two of us.

I would subtly take a peek at Lexi every once in a while to observe her current emotional state and she seemed to be in a much better condition than last night or this morning; distracted by other people's problems in the films. I know that we should probably talk things through to attempt to sort things out for her but I decide that we had earned a movie or two before we delved into that wormhole.

Just as it always does when you don't want it to, the time goes past quickly as we distract ourselves with the two films and our binge eating. Though I couldn't possibly prepare myself for one of my ultimate responsible older sister roles in life, I somehow manage to smoothly talk things over with Lexi without stressing ourselves out too much.