Chapter 16 - Urgency

Hitori shuffled her feet heavily as she came up the stairs to her apartment after returning from her mission. It had gone decently well, but they hadn't rested on the way back, and she was exhausted. Her footfalls were audible due to her laziness as she climbed the four nightmarish flights. Once she reached the top and eyed her front door, she let out a whispered groan before she continued her shuffling. Before she got there, she felt a strange ripple of chakra from Itachi's apartment.

Something was wrong.

It felt like he was injured and in pain from how it wavered, and she made a beeline for his door. It was chakra-sealed, but she blatantly ignored it and broke it to head inside. Instinctively, she kicked her shoes off and dropped her pack next to them before she called out to him.

"Uchiha? Are you alright?" She crept toward the bathroom door and ensured she was loud enough for him to hear through the closed door. "Uchiha?" She called out again after he didn't respond.

After hearing a pained groan, she started getting nervous as she felt his chakra shiver with pain. Standing in front of the door, she had to decide whether to barge in or not. Obviously, he needed help, but what if he was naked? He would tear her to shreds about it later, but after hearing another sound of pain, she opened the door to find him lying in the fetal position on the floor, clutching his head with white knuckles. Thankfully, he was fully dressed as well.

"Itachi!"

Politeness was ignored as she rushed over and dropped to her knees on the floor beside him. Her hands glowed green, and she placed them on his side and looked at how his face was contorted with pain. His eyes were shut tightly, and his jaw was clenched even more so. She concentrated on examining him and focused her chakra up to his head, guessing that's where the pain was.

He had an epic-level migraine and no wonder he couldn't speak. It was horrible, and Hitori began to work as best she could to ease the tension in his head. She recalled that she had painkillers and sedatives in her pack, and he opened his eyes as she removed her hands and shuffled so that she could stand. Before she could, Itachi's hand shot out and grabbed her thigh to stop her. His dark eyes burned into her own with sheer desperation, and her heart melted for him.

"I'm just getting the supplies in my pack, okay?" She spoke as softly as possible, trying not to make it worse by yelling at him.

She took his eyes closing again as affirmation, zipped out to the doorway and just dragged her whole pack with her, figuring it was better to be by his side while she got what she needed. Sitting cross-legged next to him, she grabbed a small wooden cylinder and coaxed his hand away from his head so he could bite on it when the pain was at its worst. He accepted it without opening his eyes or barely moving, and she brushed some hair off his face before she rummaged through her pack for painkillers. It was a strong one that she only used for reasonably severe injuries, but anything that could cripple Uchiha Itachi like this was pretty lethal.

Wasting no time, she pulled the cap off the syringe and took hold of his arm. He was only in a blue shirt, and she pushed the needle into the vein on the inside of his elbow and pushed the syringe until it was empty. There was enough dosage to get him through the next 6 hours since she wasn't sure when his migraine had started. He might have been here for 6 hours already; she had no idea.

Before the painkiller could kick in, he scrambled to his knees as best he could and vomited with his head in the toilet as Hitori prepared a sedative to allow him to sleep through it. She watched with concern as he heaved again before flopping back down on the floor. Reaching for a towel from the rack, she rolled it up and carefully lifted his head for him to lay on it, and he hissed until he felt the much softer surface underneath his head. She grabbed another for him to wipe his mouth with as well.