Part One

BEFORE THE STORY STARTS

I think you'll like this if you love L XD http://ryuzaki.corgiorgy.com/

NOW BACK TO THE STORY

"No!" I was watching the anime Death Note. "Why would you do that? What makes you think that-"

The TV suddenly changed. "This is a national emergency broadcast! Please refrain yourself from whatever you are doing!"

"(Y/N)? What are you watching?" My mom called from downstairs.

"Nothing. Stop eavesdropping." I focused into the emergency broadcast.

"Criminals have been dropping dead, and anyone who is trying to find who or what is behind this! We need everyone to stop doing bad things or even be curious about whoever or whatever! Please-" The reporter dropped.

This had to be fake. The background was obviously a fake place. Second, it wasn't raining out, yet there was water all over the reporter. You could even see part of the shower handle. Third, no one just drops dead like that. There's no Death Note or anything that could do something like this. Unless she had been poisoned about three hours, fifty one minutes and twenty five seconds ago, based on the most popular and cheap poison. But would someone go that far and be that precise? I know some people have, but just to make this? No.

"She's dead!"

"Are you sure?"

"She has no pulse, of course she is!"

"Call 911!"

The crew was screaming at each other. Would news stations go this far? They did interrupt most, if not all, TV's in (Y/C). According to my calculations, that is. The neighbors TV's did show this broadcast too, if I saw correctly from my window. If I'm right, that should mean that not only my neighborhood was affected. The reporter even said 'national'.

But what if everyone was dropping dead? All criminals... was the Death Note universe real? That anime helped me with so much... but what if now, it's come to destroy me?

The camera paneled over to a different reporter. "We have suspects! I'm going to say them, and I don't care if I get killed! We have five suspects... The first is Suzume Hisakawa, the second is Katashi Moto, third is Miyako Maki, the fourth is Youta Kita! Lastly, we have Light Yagami! If you see these people, please call 911 immedia-" He dropped too. It had been exactly forty seconds since he first said something about suspects. No matter how much practice anyone had, no one could get a perfect forty seconds without even a millisecond over or under. Maybe they weren't playing around. And they mentioned Light Yagami, the main character of Death Note. Could he be real? Could he be killing people off?

I took out my laptop and searched up some of the worlds biggest criminals. Some of them were dead, and their deaths were all forty seconds apart. They didn't include milliseconds, so I had just assumed. Could there be a Death Note in this world? What about an L? An adorable L... in this world?

Quickly, I took a backpack filled with necessary items to live and ran for the door. "Honey, where are you going? You need to check with me about this stuff. And what's that in your bag?" It was my mom. Again. She gasped. "You're not on drugs, are you? I knew I should have separated you and those friends! Give me your bag!" She tore into it before giving me a chance to give it to her. "You're good with everything in your bag... but where are you going?"

"I'm meeting someone for the-"

"Drugs? I knew it! I knew it, I knew it!"

"What's your obsession with drugs, lady? I'm meeting someone about the criminals. You must've heard about it. I'm going to go see if I can be any help. I've already solved about five cases. One of which was a drug person... just saying."