Part Fourteen

"(Y/N)!" I could just barely hear my name. Who was screaming it?

"Ryuzaki?"

"(Y/N), you're okay!"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Open your eyes and look around."

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I was hanging upside down. It looked as if we were in an abandoned warehouse... that had a bunch of blades that I'm going to say that ketchup was on them. You know, they might have wanted to make burgers with deep, red ketchup... I didn't see L anywhere though. "Ryuzaki? Where are you?"

"Where are you?"

"Good point. So, I'm going to guess that these are our last moments alive, so I'm going to do that cliche movie and book thing... did you really write that note?"

"Kira worshippers broke in because they saw you leave the hotel. One of them shot me, and right before they got me, I wrote a note so you could know, just in case." L... everything that had happened so far leads up to this, but... I didn't believe it. My favorite character of everything loves me? "But we're both still alive... for now."

"Did you guess it from the phone call?"

"No, the phone call only proved what I thought. You showed tons of signs, and I know I did too, but I wanted to make sure... then you called me an idiot."

"Well in my defense, in the future you got outsmarted and killed by a highschool serial killer who has himself confused with a God."

"Fair enough. So, it's Light?"

"Yeah. But Kira can move the Death Note from person to person. Soon enough, Light won't be Kira anymore. It's only a matter of time."

"Really? Who do you suspect to be Kira next?"

"From the future, Mikami Teru. But that was six years after you died. Wait, no, Higuchi from Yotsuba is next. If the future is right, but I've messed up everything anyways, so maybe Light will stay Kira."

"Really?"

That's when I realized it - this wasn't L. L never talked like this. And if it was L, he was being forced to talk. Did he really write that note? "Yeah. Um, L, can I tell you something?"

"Anything. I... I love you." Definitely not L.

"I am Kira." I didn't hear L say anything or gasp or scream at me. Instead, I heard Light laugh. "That's right, Light! I'm Kira! I stole the notebook from you! I stole Ryuk! I stole everything! I even stole..."

"Do not say anything else, (Y/N)!" That time, it was L, trying to keep me safe.

"I stole your girlfriends life, Light!" That's when I finally saw L. He was tied up in a chair, forced to sit like normal. He looked as if he had been beaten for a million life times and blood was streaming all over him.

"You killed Misa?" L asked.

I just looked at L and gave him 'the look' that told him I was innocent. But was I really? "I did, L! I killed Misa so I could live! Misa is dead because of me!"

Light appeared behind L. He took his notebook out and started to write something. "Youta Kita just died. He tried to save you." Light was wearing a voice changer, and, although I knew he didn't like Misa, had tears in his eyes.

He began to write again. "Light! If you stop, I'll write my own name in the book! The name (Y/N) I've been using all along has been an alias!"

"Really?"

"Yes! Just let me die by myself. Please." Somehow, I was going to save myself and L.

"What is L's name?" I started laughing the way Light would after realizing something. "What's so funny?"

"You..." I was out of breath. "You think I'm just going to give you his name? Kira and Light must not be the same person, then! One is smart and the other is dumb!"

Light hit L pretty hard. "Tell me and he will die a peaceful death!"

"What if I do something you can't do? Instead of letting you kill L?"

"What's something I can't do?"

"Kill me! Because I don't have a life! I'll use the Death Note Ryuk stole from you to kill myself!" How was this helping me escape? It felt like I couldn't even control myself anymore. "I'll kill myself like you killed Naomi Misora!" L's eyes flashed up to me. "Oh, yeah Light, I forgot to mention that I know you did that! You made her commit suicide! The worst part about it - you wrote down in the notebook that her body would never be found!"

"How do you know that?" Light yanked back L's head and put a knife next to his throat.

I laughed again. Harder, this time. "I know..." I tried to catch my breath. Then I remembered something. "Because I am Kira!"

Light suddenly gripped his chest in pain. He fell down to the ground, and reached for a gun, but didn't make it in time. Earlier, when writing the names of the Kira worshippers, I had written down Lights full name and made the time when I said 'because I am Kira!'. No one has ever tried it that way before, but it worked. L looked at Lights body and then me. "I did not plan for that to happen." I put fear into my eyes.

"But... as soon as you said-"

"I know, I don't know what the hell happened!"

"Naomi... she's been missing for four months. Is what you said the truth?"

"Yes. From the vision thing... I saw out of you, Light's, Misa's, Detective Yagami's, and some other peoples eyes."

"You did?"

"Yeah. Uh, do you think we might be able to untie ourselves or just scream and hope someone hears us?"

"Both."