Part Eleven Of Two

**Your P.O.V.**

It was three hours after Near had jumped. L was distraught. He had passed out on my lap crying. I had absolutely no clue that Near was his child and... from what L was saying, they were in reality really close.

I ruffled his hair and tried to dry out his face more. It was stained from tears. His closed eyes were red and puffy. Mello and Matt had gone out, probably to a bar or something. They said they couldn't stand what had happened and seeing L like this...

I thought back to when we initially thought Near had died. When he swore, L said 'language, young man', which was a pretty parenting this to do. Then Near yelled back to give him a break because he was almost fourteen. Sounds like every teenager to their parents to me.

I looked out the window and saw Near. Of course it was my imagination, but it felt so real. I ignored the feeling to go out and rescue him. My eyes teared up once again. When Near jumped, L wouldn't stop screaming. Light was so fucking cruel about it, too. He could've just killed Near, but no. He had to make Near say "L, do you know? Shinigami love apples.". It was the first real puzzle of the case. Why did that fucker have to do this? Near could have died peacefully.

And the way L screamed... it would've made you think that the entire world was ending. I guess it was for L.

"Hey." L brought my attention to him. Some of my tears had rolled down onto his face.

"I... I'm so sorry." 

"There's nothing we could have done. Nothing you could have done. Nothing... nothing I could have done." His eyes started to well up again.

"What if Near was the one to catch Kira?"

"What?"

"I... nevermind." I ignored my thoughts.

"No, no, no, what did you mean?"

"Well-"

Matt and Mello came barging through the door. "Guys, Light, uh..." Mello looked at L's face. "One million people have died today. They were all suspected criminals or wanted criminals or... or just criminals!"

"Near wasn't a criminal..." L whispered, almost silently. I ruffled his hair again, which for some reason always seemed to make him feel better.

"At this rate..." I started.

"The world will be gone in seven thousand days." L finished.

"Which is a long time, but if the entire world is going to end at this rate... we need to stop him immediately." Matt said.

"You didn't already know that?" L scoffed.

"I... okay, look L." Matt bent down to meet his face. "Your child fucking died. First he stabbed himself in the chest, then he jumped off of a bridge and said 'L do you know? Shinigami love apples'."

L sat right up. "You think I don't fucking know that?"

Matt stood up. "If you want to get Light, you'll need to cooperate. He killed Near. Nate River. Your only child." I knew what Matt was doing, but it was a risky game to play. Especially with L. L stood away from the couch so he was facing towards me. 

"I don't need to cooperate, you fucker!" L punched Matt in the face. "All I need to do is hunt that bitch ass down and murder his miserable fucking life! He's not going to take anything else from me!"

Suddenly, I felt my chest get tighter. I slightly gasped for air. "(Y-Y/N)?" L stopped trying to punch Matt and looked towards me. "(Y/N)!" He ran towards me and gripped me by my shoulders.

"L?" My heart beat faster and Matt and Mello ran to get a first aid kit.

I turned my head to the floor and gripped my chest. "(Y/N)!" L lifted my head up, and all memories of him flashed by in a second. "(Y/N), don't you fucking die." Tears were now pouring all down his face.

Then I was forced to say it. I didn't want to, but I did. "L..."

"(Y/N)!"

"Do you know?"

"Don't you fucking dare!" L looked at me with pained eyes, and I returned them. I truly didn't want to say any of this.

"Shinigami love apples." I said, no emotion in my tone, but tons in my eyes. L looked at me with heartbreaking eyes.

"No... no, why? Why the fuck are you doing this?" L screamed like he did when Near jumped.

"Tons of love sent to you from Light. Die fucker." Those last words broke my heart, and even worse, Light made me say them.

Then I gripped my chest harder in pain. "Light... I swear to god I will murder you where you stand!"

My heart slowed down until it stopped, and I felt my body go cold and limp.