Part Three

It had already been half the week. I hadn't taken a shower at all yet, so I decided to. "I'm taking a shower!" I looked at one of the cameras. For some reason, whenever I had to go into the bathroom, I had to state what I was doing.

I could just barely hear Matsuda. "Dammit Ryuzaki, why didn't you install cameras in the bathroom?"

"Matsuda, I can hear you." I giggled and could sense that he was blushing.

"S-sorry!"

I laughed again. "Don't secretly install any cameras."

I opened the door and went in. I saw a piece of paper on the sink that wasn't there before. I cautiously picked it up. On one side, it said "Light Yagam". Ryuk appeared right there in front of me.

"Hello Ryuk. Why... why isn't his full name written down?" I spoke quietly so the other rooms taps wouldn't hear me.

"You know me?"

"Answer the question, Ryuk."

"Uh... As long as you answer mine after I answer yours."

"Fine!"

"I wanted you to finish it. You seem more interested... And you want to keep L alive, if I remember you correctly."

"I'm not going to kill Light. Though it would be nice to have the Death Note. As long as Light keeps his memories."

"So you wouldn't be owner?"

"No. And, to answer your question... I know the future. Well, the future if I wasn't here."

"Hm?"

"I know about Rem. Misa. L. Light. Near. Mello. I know that you eventually kill Light because he has been caught by Near six years after L's death. Near and Mello were... no, are... L's successors."

"You know the future? I'm going to test this... if you know the future, I most likely mentioned withdrawal symptoms to somebody and why they-"

"Apples. Withdrawal symptoms are twisting your body and doing headstands. You mentioned this to Light after you figured out you couldn't eat apples because of cameras L put into the house. Of course, this hasn't and most likely won't happen any more because I am here."

"You really know your stuff. So... you want the Death Note? I'll leave Light a fake one with a couple pages of the real one."

"Really? You'd do that?"

"You seem more interesting. And, of course... we can do the eye deal."

"Why would I cut my life in half for something that I already have?" I laughed.

"But you don't have the Death Note." Ryuk's face was the definition of confusion.

"That might be true, but from when I saw the future... I saw out of everyone's eyes... Even Misa's. You haven't met her yet, but she is the one with Shinigami eyes. I saw out of her eyes and know almost everyone's names. Not every single person, but close enough, no?" I laughed again, louder this time.

"You have this all planned out."

"Not everything, Ryuk. I never expected you to come offer me the Death Note. Of course, if I were to have it, I'd only want to test it out. Not kill anyone special. Then I'd have you give it back to Light and say that someone stole it. That they replaced it with a fake one. But they were too scared to do much. He'll then want to catch me. That should divert him for awhile while we try to find him."

"If you know who he is, why don't you catch him? Why not tell L?"

"I have."

"Hm?"

"I've told them, but they want to prove that I'm not Kira first. Then, they'll want evidence that it's Light."

"Why not give the note to them?"

"I want an adventure." I smiled. Was I going insane like Light was? Probably...

Ryuk looked uncertain and confused. "Hm..."

"Yes, Ryuk?"

"N-nothing..."

"Tell me, Ryuk."

"I can see your name clearly, but not your lifespan... there's nothing for it."

"Maybe you're going blind. You should get going, now. Everyone will be suspicious if I stay here any longer."

Ryuk went away to go make a fake note and give me the real one. I tore up the piece of paper that almost had Light's full name. I quickly washed my hair in the sink to make it look like I took a shower. Was I really going to have a Death Note? I smiled to myself at the thought of that. Me, Death Note, Light, L... one big battle.