Part Eight

"Ms. (Y/N)?" Light came up to L and I. "May I talk to you for a second? Alone?" He glanced at L.

"Of course!" I smiled and followed Light over a little to the side. He then touched me with a piece of paper. "Hey Ryuk! How's it going?"

"W-what? How do you know Ryuk?" Light grabbed my arm.

"I just do. I know everything, Kira." Lights eyes widened. "Don't worry, I'm not telling L... yet. Though I did give a ton of hints. I just want an adventure."

"You... you... what?"

"Kira. Ryuk. Bye." I walked back to L.

"You all right? What was that about?" Did L actually look concerned? He never looked concerned for anyone in the anime...

"He just wanted to know what I thought of Kira."

L looked uncertain, but then Misa showed up. "Go steal her phone." I patted L on the shoulder.

A little after, L came back up to me "Here's the phone." L gave the phone to me. Light looked over for a brief second, so I decided to do something that I would probably regret later.

I gave L a kiss on the cheek and said, loudly enough so Light could hear, "Thanks, bye Hideki!"

Did I see L blush? Well, now wasn't the time. Then the phone rang. I quickly ran somewhere else and answered it. "Light?"

"Misa? Is that you? You don't sound... like you."

"We all sound different on phones, no?" I giggled the way Misa would.

"Misa, can I speak to you in person for a minute?"

"But I'm on my way to my job! Do you want me to lose it?"

"You are not Misa."

"Light!" This was bad. "Do you really think that?"

"No. I know it. Who is this and why do you have Misa's phone?"

"Light, I-"

"Who?"

Light, you're too smart. But with both L and I, we are even smarter. "It's Misa! Shouldn't you recognize my voice?"

"It's (Y/N)! Isn't it?"

"No! I'm Misa! I'm Kira two!"

Light hung up. He was too smart. L came up to me. "You believe that Misa Amane, a model, is second Kira?"

"If you still believe this stuff, I saw her from my vision thingy. She was the Second Kira."

"How much of the future did you see?"

"Up until Kira was... caught? No, it was more died. He was discovered, but ran away. There's an unspoken deal between Shinigami and their humans."

"Which is?"

"The Shinigami is the one to kill the human with the Death Note in the end."

"Should we make Light's Sh-Shinigami kill him them?" He still trembled on the word Shinigami.

"By then, it would be too late. You would be dead. Detective Yagami would be dead. A lot of people would be dead."

"So... what are we going to do then?"

"I don't know."