Part Nine

**Yagami, Light P.O.V.**

*Earlier*

"What?"

"I can't!"

"Why can't you kill her, Ryuk?" Shinigami could see names and could kill with their own notebooks. So why can't he kill her?

"She has no life."

"What do you mean? She's alive, isn't she?"

"I went to spy on her one night. I thought she might be nice to kill. But when I saw her... there was only her name. There was nothing at all for her lifespan. So, after I left, I tried to kill her. It didn't work. I used her real name, I pictured her face... nothing."

"So she's immune? Because she has no life?" That didn't make any sense. Did I have to murder her myself?

"I'm not sure. I don't think anything like this has ever happened in the history of Shinigami and Death Notes and humans."

"Was it possible her name was written down five times incorrectly?"

"That only applies to one book, not all."

"Then why the hell can't she die?" I threw the notebook across the room.

Ryuk stayed silent while I freaked out. Why can't she die? Will something happen if she dies? "Light."

I threw a textbook at Ryuk. "What, Ryuk?"

"Maybe she's only immune to Shinigami. Maybe you can kill her."

"Why would she be immune to Gods, but not humans? It doesn't make any sense!"

"You could still try."

I laughed, once again. "I will try, and I will succeed!"