Part Ten of Two

WARNING

Something is gonna happen that may make you scream internally and/or externally.

**Your P.O.V.** 

Mello was driving Matt's truck. We were all hurt, but he was hurt the least. We were going to Matt's, since there was a seventy six and three tenths chance of Light being at the hotel. All of our faces were stained with tears, but no more new tears found their way onto our cheeks. They all ran out.

Silently, I leaned my head against L's shoulder. L was still completely frozen. He only moved to get into the backseat of the truck. From then on, he hadn't moved a single inch. It's been thirty minutes. I don't think he's even blinked.

We finally arrived at Matt's. The house was small, but we could still stay in it. For now. L just went in and sat on the couch, refusing to move again. What was happening with him? I've never seen him this upset... whenever anyone died, he kept his cool. And now?

"Hey, L..." I sat next to him on the couch.

"H-hi." He choked on that word. 

"I'm sorry." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"N-Near was... he w-was..."

"He was what?" I felt my eyes beginning to replenish themselves with tears.

"He... was my..." L just broke down and put his head in his knees. All I could do was rub his back and cry with him. What was Near to him? "C-child." I just barely heard L say over the sounds of his sobs.

I couldn't process this. "Near was your... child?"

"M-my biological c-child, yes." L sniffled and tried to wipe the tears away, but they just kept on coming.

Near was his child? It would make sense, but... I just never expected this. There was no real indication. L referred to Near as Near, and Near referred to L as L. They always looked at each other as if they were just more people on the Kira case. They never showed true concern for each other. Until now.

"I'm sorry..." That was all I could think of to say.

**Yagami, Light's P.O.V.**

"Good work."

"Yes." He went out the door. "But you're still an idiot."

"Possibly." I stayed silent after that and turned to the notebook. I grinned at what I had written.

Nate River, 23:06

Says blah blah blah (you've read that part so just pretend that 'blah blah blah' is what bitchy bitch Light said through Near). Then he acts as he normally would. The knives fall out of (Y/N)'s sides, and Near returns to the state he was in when he said blah blah blah. He picks up the knives and stabs L and Matt, injuring them but not killing them. He takes the knife out of L's stomach and stabs himself in the heart. Although, this does not kill him. He kicks (Y/N)'s face and knocks her out. Nate acts as if he is dead. When everyone has left, he gets up and finds a way over to the hotel at [INSERT RANDOM ADDRESS HERE]. He speaks to Light Yagami and tells him everything he knows about the Kira case. He also tells Light Yagami all of his secrets. After that, they chat for a while. Then Nate walks out the door and somehow gets L, Matt, Mello, and (Y/N)'s attention. He leads them out onto a bridge, the four others not being able to keep up with Nate. Nate climbs onto the edge and yells "L, do you know? Shinigami love apples." Then Nate jumps while laughing like Light Yagami, therefore ending his life.

They never saw this coming. I laughed like I used to. This was just too good.

**L's P.O.V.**

(Y/N) was trying to comfort me. I know she was trying her best, but she was failing. I had just lost my only child. We never showed much attention or love or care or anything to each other, but we could still feel it.

My phone then rang. It was from... Near's phone? I shakily took it with my index finger and thumb and answered it. "H-hello?"

"I'm outside." It was definitely Near's voice.

Matt and Mello came into the room just as I hung up. "W-was that...?" Mello started.

"Yes... yes!" I ran outside with the others, and Near was there.

He still had that knife in his chest. "Near!" I yelled, but he only turned away and started to run.

No matter how much all of us ran, we couldn't keep up. Then Near got to a bridge. I ran with all my strength, but Near ran faster. "Near! Stop, please!" He climbed up onto the edge and I continued to run towards him. Then I stopped. I didn't want to, but something made me. "Light, you son of a bitch!" I screamed as loud as possible.

Near looked at me and smiled, blood dripping out of his mouth. "L, do you know?" I looked up, tears now running down my cheeks.

"No, no, no, no, no! Don't you fucking say it!" My voice was cracking. 

"Shinigami love apples." Then he laughed like Light always did, and I screamed as loud as I could. 

I could finally move, so I ran up to him, but he jumped before I reached him. I watched as he went down and down and... to the ground. "No! Near!" I fell onto my knees and let the tears roll freely. Then I yelled again. "Light, you fucker!"

(Y/N) came up to me and kneeled down next to me. She rubbed my back and wiped my face of tears.

Light is going to fucking pay. I will be the one to end his miserable bitch life.

Light is going to die.