24 - Misunderstanding

*Jungkook's POV*

"You called for us?" I asked Manager Sejin. He was in his hotel room, together with his assistant manager, Mina. And beside Mina is Shinhye. What is she doing here?

"I found out that one of our staff has a relationship with you, Jungkook" he started, my heart started beating faster. I can feel Y/N tensed up beside me.

I can't let manager Sejin fire her. I can't afford to lose her.

"And before I do something, I need to clear things up first" he spoke. "Is it true? Do you two have a relationship?"

I saw Y/N open her mouth, ready to answer but I spoke loudly so they won't hear what she said

"No" I said. I saw Y/N look at me, but I acted as if I didn't see it. Please understand me, Y/N.

*Y/N's POV*

"No" Jungkook said, and I just felt my heart break.

He denied me, whilst I was ready to give everything up for him. I don't care if I lose my job. I don't care if they fire me.

"Hmm.. okay. Is that true, Y/N?" Manager Sejin turned to me.

"Y-yes. We don't have something b-between us" I tried making my voice sound normal.

"We're just close friends. She's my bestfriend. I hope you dont take whatever we do in the wrong way. She's my noona" Jungkook said as if he wanted to break me even more.

"Okay, Jungkook, thank you. Shinhye, there might be a misunderstanding. Y/N might just be doing her job when you saw her. They both said no. So its clear now" He turned to Shinhye, who's smirking at me. "Glad we made it clear. I don't want any of this to happen ever again. Alright, Jungkook, Y/N, and Shinhye?"

We all nodded. "Okay, you can go now"

I immediately got out of the room and run to the nearest bathroom.

I saw Jungkook in the corner of my eye and he was running to me but Shinhye stopped him. I ran even faster.

My hotel room is two floors above me. I don't think I can hold my tears that long anymore.

I locked myself in a cubicle and cried. Come to think of it, he never asked me to be his girlfriend. We just admitted that we like each other. I might have misunderstood what he meant.

Damn you, Y/N.

And that girl. How did she knew about us? She would really do everything to get me away from Jungkook, huh?

I heard someone get inside the bathroom. So I wiped my tears immediately and pretend that I flushed the toilet before getting out of the cubicle. I walked to the sink and saw Shinhye smiling to me.

"Oh, isn't the assuming noona?" She said.

I tried walking past her to get out but she blocked me.

"What do you want" I glared at her. I felt my tears ready to spill.

"You're just the best friend afterall, huh? Isn't embarrassing? He denied you, Y/N" she laughed.

"Let go of me" I pulled my arm away from her and pushed her aside so I can get out

"I told you, I would do everything for him, Y/N"

-----

"Unnie, can I be Taehyung's stylist instead? I know how tired you are with dealing with him" I said, three days after the talk with Manager Sejin.

"Oh gosh! Someone heard my prayers!" She mumbled "Sure! You can get Taehyung all to yourself!" She seems so happy and so relieved so I just nodded slowly and thanked her.

What has Taehyung done to her?

I walked back to my place and fixed some of my things and took those that I use on Jungkook so I can give it to Soohee.

I have been ignoring Jungkook ever since the talk. And I can't do it well if I'm working with him, so I decided to exchange with Soohee. Everything around me and Jungkook has been so awkward. No one wants to talk to each other because of it. I'm glad he's quiet. I don't know what I would say to him if he opened it up.

The other boys notice it too but no one dared to talk. Its funny, we've been 'together' for just about three weeks and this happens.

"Jungkook-ah! Come over here, I'm in charge of you now" I heard Soohee say, so I just simply turn to the other side so Jungkook wont see my face. "Taehyung, go to Y/N. I'm done with you"

I heard Taehyung cheer before jumping to my side and starts talking about what he did on stage, and what he saw some ARMYs did. But I just stayed silent. I would usually chat with him, but I'm just not in the mood.

"Hey, you okay?" Taehyung poked my cheek. I was so focused on doing his eyebrows that I didn't even notice that he stopped his stage stories.

I just smiled at him. But he's persistent.

"You can tell me. Its gonna be hard if you just let it bottle up inside you" he whispered. "Plus, I wont stop till you tell me what's bugging you"

I just messed his hair and took some tissues to wipe his sweat. "Okay, I'll tell you later. After the concert. You have to go back on stage in two minutes"

He cheered "Promise?" And I nodded. "Okay!" He stood up and messed up my hair before walking away.

A/N: BTS World tour is coming and my money isn't ready 😭 I just ordered all the versions of their album asdfgjlk I think I'm gonna go crazy