The move

"Ow! Xavier stop kicking my seat!" I exclaimed to my little brother who was currently sitting in the backseat of the car. He continued to kick the passenger seat just to annoy me. 

"Mum can you please tell him to stop?" I asked very exhaustively as we'd been driving like this for the past 3 hours and let me be the first to say I needed out of our little civic. 

"Xavier, your sister told you to stop, now stop. Besides we're just around the corner from the new house." She concluded. 

Greatttt a new house. I was going to have to start all over. I knew why mum had wanted to move, she says it's because she thought it'd be best for us kids, however she just didn't want to drive by the place our father died everyday on her way to work.

Our dad died 2 months ago in a car crash. I was in the car with him  but only ended up injured as he blocked most of the impact from me. I wake up thinking about him and go to sleep thinking about him. We were extremely close. I think it's taken it's toll on all three of us, well Xavier is somewhat okay now. It'll take longer for mum and I.

"Kids! We're here!!!" My mum exclaimed as we pulled up to this truly beautiful looking house: http://31.media.tumblr.com/b74501ba6fedf716ce40f61e2a04df0d/tumblr_msxrevzM3p1s9925eo1_1280.jpg

Xavier was out in a flash running up to the door. My mum laughed as he realized the door was locked and he couldn't get in. I just got out and headed towards the trunk of our car to grab the few bags I brought with us (the moving truck carried the rest). 

Once mum unlocked and opened the door, Xavier ran inside, I just shook my head and brought everything in.  The moment I stepped through the door I was speechless. Perfect would be the only way I could describe it! The earthy, cozy feel was brilliant and it was already filled with a lot of books.

"well?" mum asked me gesturing to the house "what do you think?"

"Incredible". 

" I thought you would think so" She grinned and told me to go pick out my room.

I went up the rather large stair case and saw my brother had already claimed his room. I glanced around and found the first door I saw.

My jaw dropped when I opened it and it concealed a small, spiral staircase. I slowly walked up and saw the most beautiful room that I was definitely claiming! http://s3.favim.com/orig/41/awesome-bedroom-photography-tower-windows-Favim.com-349226.jpg

I set my two duffle bags on the bed and took it all in.

I made a promise.

I was going to make the best out of living here. I wasn't going to be known as the broken, depressed girl who lost her father. I was going to smile and be happy. I was going to make friends and get out there; live my life as that's what my dad would have wanted.

With that I unpacked for the rest of the night and eventually fell asleep which is probably a good thing as school starts tomorrow.