Promise me?

(Paul's P.O.V.)

The past weeks with Aria have been incredible. I honestly couldn't imagine my life without her. 

I was holding her in my arms as we sat gazing upon the fire. Occasionally I was whispering sweet things in her ear which made her giggle.

"You're so cute, especially when you giggle like that" I whispered again. Which followed with another giggle of hers. She turned around and started to lean in. I followed suit. Just as our lips connected the door flew open cause us to pull apart. 

"errrrrr" I growled lowly. 

It was Sam. Greaaatt. What did he want now? 

"Paul, we have a serious problem...I need to speak with you outside. Now." His alpha tone made me lower my head and nod. I lifted Aria off my lap and set her comfortably down on the couch. 

"I'll be back in a few minutes babe" I kissed her cheek as she nodded. 

Let's go see what this 'BIG' problem is. I rolled my eyes. 

(Aria's P.O.V.)

I felt empty whenever Paul left. To be honest I hated it. I was always strong and an independant woman but lately I feel like I need to always be around him. Oh well it's probably something to do with the pull that his 'imprinting' has caused. Laying down on the soft, old couch I pondered what could be that serious. I was hoping it had nothing to do with vampires but knowing what they do...it probably was about them. 

Paul came in with a worried look on his face. 

"I need to get you home. Now." He said in a nervous demanding voice. 

He started to rush me to his car. 

As he drove, I was contemplating whether or not I should ask... Oh what the hell!

"Paul, what's going on? Why are you so freaked out? What did Sam say?" It all came out in a rush.

He sighed and answered, " vampires. A huge army of vampires are on their way here, I need you to be at your house safe."

He pulled into my driveway. 

"Babe", he said looking over at me. "Promise you'll stay here? That you'll be safe inside with locked doors? Promise me." His eyes pleading.

I nodded and whispered that I promise. Then I thought of something.. Paul was going to fight. He was going up against a whole army of vampires.

I couldn't lose him like I lost my dad...

"You need to promise me something now Paul." I paused while he nodded, "You need to promise me you'll be back. That you'll come back to me." I said with teary eyes. Just the thought of Paul dying made my heart ache. 

"Aria, I promise." he pulled me in for a kiss. 

His lips moved against mine in perfect harmony. I slipped my hands behind his neck pulling him closer to me. He smiled into the kiss and I copied his actions. 

Pulling away I unbuckled my seat belt and headed towards the front door but not before stealing a glance back at Paul who was already watching me. I blew a kiss and mouthed 'I love you' before slipping inside. I don't know how I'm going to get any sleep until this is all over... 

I checked on my mum who was napping on the couch. Looks like she fell  asleep reading again. I sighed before moving her book and reading glasses, setting them on the table and placing the blanket my grandmother sewed on top of her for warmth, as the house felt cold and damp.

I made sure all doors were locked and ran upstairs to check on my brother. I opened the door and saw him crying into his pillow on his bed. 

"Xavier!" I exclaimed lightly, rushing to his side. 

"Shhhh...It's okay buddy.." I soothed him as he clung to me, crying into my chest. Poor little guy. I rocked him back and forth. I didn't need to ask him why he was crying I already knew... He cried often because of our dad. He's really young for this to have happened even though it's been awhile now. 

Xavier wasn't crying anymore and a few seconds later I heard a snore erupt from his mouth. 

I set him laying down on his bed and covered him up with his spongebob squarepants bed spread. Kissing his forehead I left his room, closing the door quietly. 

You see this is who I've had to become..I've become sort of the parent of the house and to be honest, It sucked but I guess it needs to be done. I just walked to my bedroom and started to read. Luckily for me it got my mind off of the current situation. Just as I got sucked into my book, my cell went off with a text message. 

--------------------------

Paul:

Fight is tomorrow. Stay home, be safe, and I love you baby.

--------------------------

My thoughts consumed me as I thought about tomorrow.