Pain.

I woke up with a sick feeling in my gut. Today was the day of the fight. I was just hoping everything would be okay... I ran upstairs to see my mum cooking in the kitchen and Xavier was playing on his DS.

"Mum? We need to stay indoors today." I stated.

"Why Aria?" She asked turning her attention on me.

"Uhh... chief Swan told me that um.. there was an animal attack right by our house and that he and a few officers were going to be in and around our neighbourhood looking and that it'd be best to stay indoors." I lied.

"When'd he tell you that?" She asked suspicious of me.

"Yesterday he came to the door but you two were sleeping. I answered the door once I realized it was Chief Swan." I lied with more ease. 

She just nodded and turned around continuing to poach the eggs. 

I looked at Xavier and he stuck his tongue out at me. Uh is that the thanks I get? That little booger. I stuck mine out at him and raced  to my bedroom. Two can play at that game lil' bro. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was about 1o'clock in the afternoon and my stomach butterflies were still active. Suddenly I felt pain. A lot of pain.

"Ahhhhhhhh" I screamed as I heard my mum race downstairs. 

"baby? what's wrong?" She asked worried. 

I couldn't respond thought, the pain was almost unbearable. All across my abdomen felt like it was on fire. Like every bone was shattered. Mum took out her cell  and dialled 911. Finally the pain was so bad, I just blacked out.