Chapter 3: A Baby Hound

That same day when the widow and her granddaughter adopted Tod, their neighbor, a hunter named Amos Slade drove his truck back to his house from some town.

Amos Slade switched his truck off, got off his seat and started to unpack from the back of the truck.

Right by his house was his old Irish Wolfhound named Chief, who just woke up from his name in his wooden barrel.

Chief stretches and yawns before he saw his master held a bag and approached him.

"I got a surprise for you, Chief old bow", said Amos.

Thought it was a food for him, Chief smiled, went up to his master and barked excitedly.

Amos laughed and petted Chief's muzzle to calm him dow as he said, "Now. Now, take it easy".

Chief sniffed the bag before it started to wiggled and something whimpered inside it which made him backed away.

Amos pulled out a happy and exciting little hound puppy out of the bag.

"Well, now hows this for a hunting dog?", asked Amos.

Chief however made an expression as if he was asking 'What is that thing?'

"He's just a little runt now, but he'll grow", assured Amos as the little puppy licked his new master's face happily.

Amos set the puppy down near Chief who bent down and sniffed the puppy before the little one curiously sniffed him back with is little nose and licked Chief's nose with a smile on his face.

Chief backed away in disgust and looked up at his human master with a frown on his face not happy with the suprise.

"You may as well get use to him, Chief", said Amos who understand his older dog's reaction.

Chief saw the puppy trying to climb on his front leg with a happy face but only to move his leg away from the puppy.

Amos started to head in his house as he said to Chief, "He's for you to look after from now on".

Chief went back to his barrel not want anything to do with the new addition without noticing the puppy followed him in the barrel.

As Chief lied down in his barrel, he jumped backward and saw the happy hound puppy in his barrel as he started to wag his little tail as if he wanted to play with him and panted happily.

Not buying the cuteness of the puppy, Chief moved him out of his barrel before he seated himself in it once again.

The puppy rolled on a ground and fell before he got back on his feet, turned to Chief with a smile and walked up to him.

Chief watched the puppy walked toward him, sat by his front paw, yawned tiredly, snuggled in him and went him sleep.

Chief was surprised by this and wasn't sure what else to do.

The old dog lied his head down on a ground, looked at the puppy who still had the smile on his little face, and smiled softly at the little one before he went to sleep as well.

Such a cute scene!

I'm back! Sorry for my late upload!

I'll upload the coming up next chapter (hopefully soon)

BTW, Happy late 37'th anniversary to Disney's The Fox and the Hound!

Its one of my favorite Disney film and it inspired me to write my first fanfiction with my character

I'll upload soon =)