Chapter 11: Tod and Lily (Pt. 1)

As Winter goes on, Tod looked out the Lily's bedroom window, looked over at the hunter's home, hopped to see if Copper had returned from the trip but he saddened when saw that the barrels were still empty as the sign that Copper hasn't come back.

Lily, who was reading on her desk, noticed that and understood how he felt.

She went over to the window, sat next to Tod and petted him on a back as she gazed where Tod was looking at.

Trying to cheer Tod up, the girl picked him up, hugged him close, carried him over to her bed, grabbed a book and started to read a story to him.

A month had passed as Tod reached into his preteen when he and Lily were playing together by the furnace while Widow Tweed was on her chair, knitting each scarves for her and her granddaughter.

At night, on that same day, Tod gazed out Lily's window and waited for Copper to come back as Lily sat beside him, petted him on a back and looked out the window as well.

As some times gone by, Tod and Lily have been doing a lot of things together during Winter;

The two played in a snow close by the river (where he, Copper and Lily had played) skate a little on the frozen river and would throw each other snow.

They would go hang out with the farm animals in a barn house to keep them company with Lily reading stories to Tod and all other animals who are getting along with the fox very well.

They played hide and seek in the snow as Lily was looking for Tod and is always outsmarted by him now that he's become a little sneaky before she would finally find him in a pile a snow.

Whenever they were done playing outside in a cold, they would take their warm bubble baths together.

As Winter was coming close to an end, Tod went from a preteen fox cub in a full grown fox.

He was always happy to be with Lily when she's with him as much as she loves being with him when he's with her.

They became more inseparable and would always love and protect each other no matter what happens to one another.

One day, it was Lily's 11th birthday.

Celebrating her birthday, Widow Tweed and Tod gave Lily each gifts;

Tod gave her an handmade shawl that her grandmother had made her before Lily picked him, kissed him on a head and hugged him thanks.

Then Widow Tweed gave her a beautiful silver bell necklace that once belonged to her granddaughter's mother.

It was a special bell that could be useful for when Tod knows where Lily is and how close she is.

Widow Tweed placed the necklace around Lily's neck as it rang softly before her granddaughter hugged her grandmother thanks for her mother's necklace as Tod sniffed at the beautiful bell curiously before when his nose gently hit it, it rang softy and he loved it already.

One evening when the snow started to melt, now knowing that Tod had gotten older, Lily, who's in her light blue nightgown, started to invent something for him on her desk by sewing pieces together as she started to become an amazing inventor.

When she was almost done with her work, she turned and looked over at Tod with a smile.

Her smile slowly dropped when she saw Tod looked out her and gazed at something.

Lily saw his reflection that showed his sad face as his tilted his head as if he's still waiting for something...or someone.

She knew what he was thinking and who he was waiting for.

Lily got up from her desk, left her project, walked over to the window where Tod is, stood by him and looked at where Tod was staring at; Copper and Chief's empty barrels.

Lily signed sadly as she understood that Tod still misses Copper and hopped to see him again.

As she sat next Tod, her bell that she has around her neck, rang softly.

Tod's ears twitched when he heard the familiar sound, turned and saw Lily right next to him smiling sympathetically.

Tod moved over to her, got on her lab, curled himself and lied down on her sadly.

Lily caressed Tod comforting him as he started to sleep, looked out the window, looked at Copper's barrel and started thinking what's gonna happen when he comes back from the hunting trip.

She misses Copper as much as Tod does inside her heart.

She remembered that Tod and Copper can't be friends but she still hopped that there will be peace between the two as long as she keeps Tod safe.

What do you guys think of this original chapter?

I thought that the score from "My Dog Skip" sued the scene between Tod and Lily and Tod's growing up montage.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I'll upload the next chapter soon! =)