Chapter 12: Copper Grows Up

Meanwhile on the hunting trip, Amos Slade and Chief were hunting in the snowy day while little Copper jumped into each big foot prints with a playful smile as he followed them behind.

Chief looked back and saw him jumped in the deepest foot print.

The old dog rolled his eyes before he turned, went over to the foot print, moved some snow out the way before Copper poked his head and shook some snow off of his head.

Chief picked him up by his collar and carried him as he turned to follow Amos.

As months passed, the now preteen Copper, Chief and Amos were out hunting for more animals.

Chief sniffed at a small branch and moved on before Copper went over to the branch tilted his head, smiled, sniffed the branch copying Chief and followed along.

Chief saw a bunny eating an old plant before he growled at it.

Copper saw the bunny before he started growling at it copying Chief again.

As Chief was getting ready for the kill, the barking Copper ran past the old dog who now got covered with the snow by him and chased the bunny who started to run away from the hound dog.

The bunny ran on a frozen lake and was able to hop in the other direction before Copper got on the ice and started to slide across it.

Copper whimpered as he was slipping and sliding at the same time before he fell on the ice and stopped sliding.

Chief saw this and shook his head.

As Winter was getting close to an end, Copper grew from a silly and clumsy preteen puppy into a full grown hound dog.

One day, he, Chief and Amos were hunting.

Copper sniffed around, looking for animals as Chief was doing the same as they both went into different direction from each other.

Copper sniffed his way toward a small tree and caught some scents from it.

He howled loudly alerting his master.

Chief turned to Copper in shock.

Suddenly, pheasants flew out of the tree before Amos shoot at one of them and got one.

Copper smiled at his master who came over to him and petted him on a head proud of his hound for his amazing hunting skills.

The shocking Chief looked at Copper who smiled in reply at him and wondered how did the hound dog gotten so good at hunting.

One day, as the snow started to melt, Amos started packing his truck filled with his supplies and full of animal furs, getting ready to go home with his hunting dogs.

As Chief was about to get into the front seat, he saw Copper on a front seat and realized that it was his turn to take the back seat.

Once Chief was in a back seat with animal furs and Copper in the front seat with him, Amos started his truck, left his winter cabin and drove his way back to their home.

A quick chapter but I'll upload more chapters soon! =)