Chapter 10: Winter/Silly Caterpillar Chase (Pt. 2)

As more Autumn leafs started to fall from trees, Lily, who's in her purple wool poncho as she's staying warm from the cold air, came over to  the river where she, Tod and Copper played together and started to miss those days with a sad smile before she started to head back to her house.

Few months of Fall had now passed before Winter came as it started to snow.

On a very snowy day, Squeaks the caterpillar crawled out from his tree hole it was covered by snow and started to search for a place to stay warm for Winter.

Then the wintery wind flew passed the Squeaks then the poor caterpillar started to shiver like crazy.

Then Squeaks smiled widely as he saw the house that's owned by Lily and her widowed grandmother and knew that Lily will let him stay with her after she saved him from Dinky and Boomer before he started to crawl to get to the house for the whole winter.

Meanwhile, Dinky and Boomer were taking a shelter in a scarecrow as they were shivering due to the very cold weather.

"Oh, Jiminy! It sure turned cold!", said Dinky as he's tried to keep himself warm against Boomer.

"I'm freezing my bu--bu--bu--bu--bu--", the cold Boomer tried to say more before Dinky cut him off when he saw Squeaks crawling toward the house.

"Hey! It's that fuzzy worm!", he yelled. "Let's get him! CHARGE!"

When the caterpillar saw his enemies charged after him, he screamed in fright before he jumped into the pile of snow.

Dinky and Boomer flew into the snow and searched for the caterpillar and Boomer felt he'd caught something.

"Hey! Dinky!", Boomer yelled as he had his wing out of the snow and waved for Dinky. "Dinky! Quick! Over here! I got him! I got him!"

He poked his head out before he pulled something out of the snow but it turned out it was Dinky.

"Do I look like a WORM?", the little bird asked annoyed before he pointed at Squeaks who made it at the front door before he crawled through the keyhole.

"Come on!", he told Boomer before they flew over to the door.

Dinky looked through the keyhole and saw Squeaks on a plant warming himself by a furnace fireplace.

"Look at that little creep!", the jealous Dinky said as he watched the caterpillar started to rub his rear by the heat. "Warm and cosy by the fire!"

"Let me take a look!", demanded Boomer before he pushed Dinky out of a way before looked through the keyhole and he saw the caterpillar grabbed one of Lily's sewing cloths from her sewing basket, covered him with it and made himself a home with a smile. "Now, how do you like that guy? Snug as a bug! While we're out HERE freezing our bu--bu--bu--bu--bu--BEAKS OFF!"

The two birds started to shiver again and Dinky knew that they can't stay in the Winter Wonderland.

"Well, yanking and shivering ain't getting anywhere", he said to Boomer before he started to have an idea. "We'll get that no good worm when we come back!"

He shook himself before he started to fly toward the south before Boomer flew behind with a "Oh, sh--sh--sh--sh--shucks!"

They two birds flew toward Big Mama's tree and she woke up when they came by.

"So long, Big Mama!", Dinky bid goodbye to her.

"Yeah, we're going s--s--south for the winter", he told her before followed Dinky to south.

"Goodbye, boy!", she waved at them. "See you next Spring!"

She watched as they flew into the clouds before they disappeared.

Inside the house, when Lily saw Squeaks snuggling by the furnace in a plant, she went back into her bed, went into her closet, saw her old doll house she used to play with when she was very small, took a tiny bed with a small pillow out of it, went back down, walked over to the plant where the caterpillar is, place the bed next to Squeaks, picked him up with him still wrapped in cloth (as he woke up and saw the human girl), placed him on a small bed gently and tugged him in with the cloth.

The thankful Squeaks smiled widely at Lily who smiled warmly at him in return before he started to snuggled in her small bed enjoying the warmness in her safe home.

Hi guys!

The next chapter is going to focus on a friendship between Tod and Lily as Tod grows up to try to make the relationship stronger before we get to the big scene that I think those who have seen the movie might know what I'm talking about (that is considered as the saddest scene in the movie) so brace yourselves, ladies and gentlemen

So I'll upload soon =)