Chapter 3 - Coincidence or Fate?

It has been 12 years since I last saw and met Tzuyu, she had an extremely busy schedule with school and now work. Jungkook and Nayeon are still dating, they even went to the same university and now they are planning on opening a business together. Jimin was the only person I really kept in touch with from my group of friends but I also became really close to Sana. I'm currently in the process of taking over my dad's company because I really wanted to follow his footstep and my mom was really happy that the business her and dad made was able to continue.

Tzuyu's Perspective

Work. Work. And more work. I can never find time to go out with friends and my parent had such high hopes for me looking after the company so I didn't want to disappoint them but even with my busy schedule there's still this one thought that won't leave my head. I really miss him. Y/N. Where are you? I'm so sorry that I could never respond to your text on time or to be exact respond at all. I wish one day we can sit together and talk, I don't know why I have this feeling of regret, maybe back then I should have just told him that I like him.

He was well mannered, respected his parents, kind to everyone and willing to help anyone who was in need plus he was very handsome and charismatic as well. Yet back then I was a fool and suppressed my feelings towards him but now it seems like that decision is coming back to haunt me.

"KNOCK" "KNOCK"

"Come in." I said, the door opened and mom walked in.

"Ohh, Good evening mom."

"Yes, good evening," she replied, "You have been working really hard lately and you seem to lose a lot of weight. Are you sure you are able to keep this up? Seeing you like this is making me worried."

"Nah, don't worry mom, I can handle it." I lied, I didn't want her to worry about me but a break from work would really help right now.

"Well that's good to hear but your father and I have been thinking, we came to the decision that you have 2-month break starting from tomorrow."

My heart skipped a beat as I threw the documents in the air creating a massive mess around the office.

"Thank you so much, mom!" I stood up and hugged her, "I love you."

"I love you too, don't worry about work during your time off. Your father and I will take care of it, so take the time to treat yourself well." She said with a smile.

"Yes, I know mom," I replied, letting go of her to clean up the mess that I had created, I then drove us home afterwards.

We arrived home and had dinner together, afterwards I went up to my room.

As I was grabbing my pyjamas from the closet, a photo slipped out and as I took a closer look at it, it was a picture of Y/N, well when he was younger. I laid in bed staring at the photo wondering if he still remembered the promise we made 12 years ago, he probably would have forgotten about by now since I never found the time to talk or meet up with him. I told him we would still keep in touch but I was always too busy with school and work to the point where we haven't met each other over the past 12 years. So I don't see a valid reason for him to keep that promise, guilt flooded my mind as droplets of tears form, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

Y/N's Perspective

I had never thought handling office work would take such a big toll on me, every day is a struggle even just to get out of bed since I only get around 5 hours of sleep every night. My mom always told me if I wanted to take a break I could so I decided it's finally time to rest for a few weeks in order to recuperate and to go out to explore the world. Due to the fact that I spent most of my time looking through paper works and talking to clients, I never got the chance to go out. I really wanted to visit a park since I haven't been there in a long time so I slept early and woke up early the next morning. 

It was dawn when I arrived and as I stepped out of my car I was greeted by the aged stone gates and the sight of falling cherry blossoms, it created a one of a kind atmosphere that you wouldn't get anywhere else. As I entered, the rose bushes guided me to a stone bridge which stretches over a small pond with a large school of Koi swimming in it. The branches of the sakura trees beside the river bed swayed side to side as they welcomed the sunrise; a bright orange glow shone through the leaves projecting one of the most stunning landscape I had seen in a long time. It was relaxing and breathtaking to be able to see this.

"I come out more often." I thought to myself.

As the sunrise slowly lit up my surrounding, Tzuyu's promise came to mind. The promise which I had held onto for all these years. I had hoped that I would be able to see her again even though it has been 12 years since we had seen one another yet my feelings towards her remained the same.

During my thought session I noticed the outline of a person sitting on the bench beside the pond, I looked at her for a while until she eventually noticed me as well. We made eye contact and immediately I had a strong feeling of who it was, she stood up and we both started making our way towards one another, as we got closer she ran over and hugged me.

"Oppa... *sobbing* bogoshipuhyo." 

Just by the tone of her voice I immediately knew who she was and as the sun slowly shed light upon her face I instantaneously returned the hug never wanting to let go of her ever again.

"Nado," I replied.