Chapter 13 - A Loss that can Never be Replaced

I was exhausted from the flight so I woke up at around 11 am, I went downstairs afterwards but mom and dad had already left for work yet I was still on my break so I stayed home and made myself lunch.

MEANWHILE AT A HIDEOUT

"So, have you located their whereabouts?" Said a woman's voice.

"Yes, they're currently at L/N cooperation but it seems like they will be heading back home soon." Jin replied.

"Good, have you prepared your equipment?"

"Yes madam, everything is set and stone, I can assure you this mission will be a success."

The woman walked into a room where 3 other people were sitting around a round table. Jin entered the room soon after.

"V, did you manage to get your position in L/N company?"

"Yes, from now on I will be taking my dad's position during company meetings, I can also grant people permission to enter the building without needing to go through security."

"Ok, everything is going as planned so far."

"Where is RM?" J-hope asked "I gave him a VIP pass to Tzuyu's company, he should be back by now."

"He failed the task I assigned him, lets just say things didn't go so smoothly for him after seeing me."

Everyone's eyes were wide open.

"A-Are you telling me t-that you killed him?" V stuttered.

The woman nodded and smirked.

"He was a skilled spy and I must say it pains me, even till today, to have lost someone so valuable." The woman spoke, her cold voice sent shivers down the spins of the others who were in the room, "But knowing that you all mustn't fail or else your fate will be sealed just like his."

"Yes madam." They all said in unison.

"Now lets get going."

Everyone, but the woman, frantically rushed out. Jin, V and J-hope are all trained weapon users, V's dad is one of the higher ranking member in L/N cooperation while J-hope's dad was the co-founder of Tzuyu's company. The last and probably the most innocent of the group Suga, he has no intention of harming others but was pulled into this because he needed money to support his family. Without much skill in combat or special benefit to the group he just works as an information gatherer.

"Well, money can get you anything as long as you offer enough of it. These people are merely pawns which I can dispose of anytime. I'll do what ever it takes to gain possession over both Y/N's corporation and Tzuyu's company." The woman then walks out of the building.

Y/N's perspective

I had nothing to do and Tzuyu was busy with work so switched on the television to watch the news but nothing interesting was happening lately, so in the end I decided to go visit to the company.

MEANWHILE

"Target locked, ready to fire," Jin said, "3...2...1"

From the top of a high rise building, a shot was fired but went unheard due to the suppressor on Jin's rifle. The bullet smashed through the window of a car injuring the driver causing him to loose control of the car which led to an accident killing both the passenger and the driver.  

Back to Y/N

As I made the final turn I saw a plethora of police cars surrounding the perimeter of the company. I was intrigued so I pulled over and walked over to investigate the situation. As I got closer, I saw a car completely deformed after running into the side of a building but when I took a closer look. I saw the plate number. I trembled. My pupils dilated. My heart raced. My face became as pale as snow.

Tears slid down my eyes when I saw the two bodies covered by a piece of white fabric lying on the concrete road. I rushed over crossing the "Do not enter" barrier, the police tried to stop me but I forced my way through and kneeled down before them. My parents...

I planted my face onto the floor and cried my eyes out. The warmth of their lives were stolen by the cold embrace of death. I desperately searched for any flicker of life but what I was met with nothing but a cold silence. 

"Mom...Dad... I-I'm sorry. Pl-please forgive me for..."

The police eventually over powered my weakened body, dragging me away as I desperately screamed for their forgiveness.