Chapter 5: turned

Author's P.O.V.

The next three days, Jimin prepared himself to tell Jungkook about their birthday dinner..

'Kook, do you have plans on the 13th?' Jimin smiled while looking at their laced fingers.

'Hmm, nothing in particular, baby.. Why?' He smiled back. 'Anything you want to do?'

'Actually, it's my birthday on the 13th.. C-can we like uhmm.. Go on a date? We only have four days left by that time, so I wanted to go out with you.. C-can you do that for me??'

'Sure baby.. Let's go on a date.. /smiles/ What do you want as gift? /kisses their linked hands/'

Jimin felt a slight pain in his chest when he felt the soft lips of Jungkook.. He wants to kiss him on the lips and gave him his everything, but he can't.. HE SHOULDN'T..

'Anything Kook.. As long as it comes from you.. But more importantly, I want to be with you on that special day.. So don't ditch me, okay??' He smiled.

'I won't.. Promise!' And they made a pinky swear.

************************************

On Jimin's birthday, everyone is excited for the big confessions.. Taehyung made sure that everything is perfect, from the food, to the lights and the table setting..

'Perfect!' Taehyung exclaimed. 'I can't wait for Jimin to be happy..'

'True.. I wanted Jimin to be the happiest guy in the whole world when Jungkook return his feelings..' Yoongi added.

'Let's just pray that everything will turn out great.. I can't imagine our friend crying..'

And with that, they all return to their designated jobs..

~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~

Jimin came on the gymnasium 30 minutes earlier for him to wait for Jungkook..

'Hi Tae!!' Jimin grins.

'Oh my gosh JIMINIE!! Happy birthday!!'

'Thanks alot, Tae.. Where's hyung??' he asked while smiling.

'He was the one in-charge on picking up the cake from the bakeshop.. Where's Jungkook?'

'He said that he'll be here at exactly 8pm.. /blushes/ I don't know if I can wait that long.. I really, really, really wanted to see him now..' Jimin's eyes were glowing, like millions of stars in the galaxy.

'I'm rooting for you, Jiminie.. Whatever happens, you got me..'

************************************

Jungkook was so excited for tonight's celebration. He even checked for the third time his gift to Jimin, as a symbol of his importance to his life..

 He even checked for the third time his gift to Jimin, as a symbol of his importance to his life

'I hope he will like it.. we're gonna be the best of friends forever..' He smiled widely.

We has gonna leave when a call just came. It was Yugyeom.

'Hey Kookie! I was calling you the whole time.. Can you come over to my house? My parents wanted to see you again.. Please?? Please??'

'But Yugyeom, I have plans for tonight.. I'm sorry..'

'But my parents misses you so much.. Can't you reconsider my request?? Please??? Kookie please??'

'/sighs/ But I..'

'If you won't come, I'm gonna cry.. Please Kookie, even for a little while..'

'/massage his forehead/ Alright alright, I'll be there in 30 minutes.. Don't cry, okay??'

'/giggles/ Okay I won't.. See you!!' -call ended-

************************************

Jimin waited.. He waited and waited for the other to arrive.. He's been late for almost four hours and he didn't even send a single text.. Taehyung tried contacting him, but his phone was off.. He searched for anyone that can help them in finding the missing boy..

They were so worried that they even planned to call the cops just to report the case.. It was indeed decided, not until a photo on instagram was seen by everyone..

'Oh no..' Taehyung covered his mouth.

Jimin only stared at the photo uploaded on the account.. He wasn't crying, but his heart was totally broken.. Jungkook forgotten his birthday because of Yugyeom..

He shouldn't get mad or blame him.. It was crystal clear from the very beginning that Jungkook doesn't care about him, yet he assumed things according to his feelings..

And now, it was hard to accept..

'I-I guess I'll should just go.. T-thanks for the wonderful preparation.. /looked down/'

'Wait Jiminie, can we eat first then we'll send you home?? Please??'

Jimin only nods and sat quietly on the empty seat.. The tranquility of the gymnasium caused him to cry even more after remembering the latter's promise the day before..

He didn't really care if Jungkook break his promises, as long as they were happy together then it's worth everything..

And this leads to a realization that he should give up now before he gets hurt even more.