Like an old mans blood pressure on a hot summer day

Mike.
It was Monday morning.
Even though Mike could already sense it would be a sunny day, still the morning freshness made him sad. Yet his sorrow fullness wasn't because of the weather but because of the feeling it gave him when he would run through it. The wet dew mixing with his salty sweat. The wind in his Orang-blond hair.
And in that moment he found he feeled like he had lost a part of himself.

Morning the loss of his athleticism he watched the pool when suddenly a squirrel hopped on the side of the pool. It had a beautiful dark brown fur. It reminded him of Hayley's hair.
He was a about to grab his biology book to see what kind of squirrel it was when suddenly a very very large firm entered his eyesight.
With his paws barely touching the ground because he was to fat, Amor approached the squirrel, who was now drinking from the pool slowly.
He was hunting.
Mike watched the dreadfully slow event barely containing his excitement.
This kind of a natural phenomenon was very rear.
Amor raised his paw and just as Mike thought he was about to strike, he simply pushed the squirrel into the pool.
"What?! That's no way of hunting you lazy fat animal!" He screamed as he watched the squirrel swim for his life.
The overweight cat lifted his paw again which was more fitness then he was used to doing in a week. This time he punched the poor animal under.
"Omg! You are Satan!!!" Mike screamed as he ran for the poor squirrel.
By the time he got there the squirrel was unfortunately no were to be found and Amor was a little fatter.
"You little piece of sh*t. No! You extremely big, overweight, obese piece of sh*t!" He screamed at the cat who was looking at his sarcastic clearly not affected by his tantrum.

Less then an hout later after his mum dragged him to school he walked the hallways. He didn't want to be here. Even less then normally.
He slentered down hallway dragging his backpack behind him on the floor.
His day was lit up at the sight of his friends standing by the lockers. He ran to them.
"Mike, look! I pulled some strings and managed to get a hold on the security footage at the White House," Hayley showed the footage.
"How the bloody hell did get that? That's illegal!" James whisper-shouted.
Hayley grinned sneaky and flipped her hair.
"Mike-boy!" One of Mikes "friends" from the football team shouted. Suddenly he was encircled in popular crowd.
Silently the four came to the agreement that they would behave today like their stereotypes.
Mike: the jock/ heartthrob.
Hayley: the perfect girl.
Brooke: the rebel.
James: the dramatic weirdo.
Yet Mike had learned something's about himself this weekend.
Before he was sure that his image was broken. Because of his injury had ruined his reputation of hot athletic dud, yet in the past few days he had realised he was more the just that guy.
Not only was his personality much more sophisticated than that, he also could have friendships with more meaning.
That thought made his day brighter and so he could survive the first few hours.
After second period all was lost again.
It was MATH.
Dum. Dum. Duuuuum...

Walking the hallways of the school like he had done that morning, only this time brain dead because of you know... math, he encountered some popular guy named Thom approaching Brooke. He could help to see the similarities between the situation of this morning between the squirrel and Amor. Brooke looking equally as terrified as the animal and Thom had the same feral look in his eyes. ( only he wasn't overweight like the cat. Damn! That body)
Mike saw how his friend pressed her body against the lockers and tried to move away from the guy. Unfortunately Thom put his outstretched arm next to Brooke's head putting her in an uncomfortable position.
She squeaked.
"Hello, Brooklyn," he greeted her.
"Hey! Only I can call her Brooklyn and I think you are putting her in an uncomfortable position!" James protested.
"Who do we have here? James. Our British gay boy. Why did you leave anyway? Dark past? Why don't you go back to your boyfriend. What is his name? Bernd? Barry? Bert! That's it. Bert! Go back to your bitch, nerd," Thom argued.
Brooke who had refound her courage and rebel image shoved Thom away but was totally ignored by him. She cursed and threatened until he finally looked at her.
"The kitten has got claws. I like them feisty," he flirted or at least tried to.
Hayley who was disgusted by his comment stepped in front and interfered as well.
"This isn't right don't you see that! Leave her alone. You shouldn't do that, am I right,Mike," she included him in the conversation as well. He on the other hand remained quiet.
"RIGHT, Mike!" Hayley repeated.
She shouldn't have put Mike in that position. He already felt very intimidated by Thom and now Hayley made him choose.
For a moment he said nothing but then said a simple:"No," and stepped closer to Thom.
After that the stare battle begun.

In the next half day Mike felt his popularity rise like an olds mans blood pressure on a hot summer day.
Even the most popular guys who he hadn't even befriended in his golden time before the accident, were socialising with him. Yet he didn't feel whole. He missed some part of him. The part that allowed him to be him. In the school cantina he sat with the hot sport guys with the hot girlfriends and the scholarships.
Hayley came in with Zach, some handsome guy from the Fifth year. They were walking very close their arms nearly touching. Something was going on.
Suddenly they stopped in the middle of the cantina and kissed.

Mike was shocked. Was she doing this to make him jealous? Or was this her revenge? Maybe she just liked him.

Hours later he was waiting by the car waiting place when James and Brooke arrived. They had to be here as well. Her brother picked Brooke up and his father picked James up.
Suddenly a few cop cars approached.
"Mike Van Dien, James Fletcher and Brooke Sutherland. You are under arrest..."