Fifty shades of crazy cat lady

Brooke

Chaos. Chaos everywhere. 

Doctors and nurses running through the room. 

Machines turning on and alarming loudly. 

People clinging to a pale lifeless body.

But no heartbeat.

Brooke felt like a deer caught in headlights. Tears sprung in her eyes. This was all to familiar to her, yet her father had been able to choose. James didn't have a choice. He had just been defending his friend. Like the noble man he was. 

Damn he wasn't even dead for 20 seconds and Brooke was already idolising him.

The defibrillator cried its pleas to have some sort of form of life at the other side. Hayley held Mike who was obviously consumed with guild. Both of them had fallen to the ground. 

Clear. Shock. Fall. No heartbeat.

Brooke walked backwards completely disgusted by the medical procedure that in her eyes looked like pure torture. She walked right into Thoms chest and when a pair of rock hard arm where around her, that was when her mind finally allowed her to realise it.

He was going to die. 

He was going.

He was.

No, he wasn't. Not anymore.

Clear. Shock. Fall. No heartbeat.

That second try to get his little flame of life burning once again just was to much for Brooke. Then the girl that seemed unbreakable, the girl that always seemed strong, broke. She simple dropped to the ground. Thom who wasn't prepared for that quickly got her on her feet again. 

Clear. Shock. Fall. No heartbeat.

"NOOO!!!' Brooke cried. "You are hurting him. Please, stop. I'm begging you." She tried to leap forward but was stopped by Thoms firm grip on her shoulders. She turned around to face him and tried to pry his hands off. "I have to get to him," she explained herself. 

Clear. Shock. Fall. No heartbeat.

She wanted to turn around to see James but Thom pushed her face first in his muscular chest. Her many curses were muffled by his chest. She shoved him in his chest and hit his torso multiple times, yet moments later when the crippling feeling of tiredness had crept into her arms she crashed against that very same chest. Sobbing and grabbing Thoms t-shirt she was unable to remain still under the grave and hollow loss that teared out her insides. With her face hidden in the drenched t-shirt she didn't see Thom smiling secretly. He was exactly where he wanted to be. His biggest foe dead in the bed next to him, the girl of his dream in his arms and not to forget a lot of money in his pocket.

Clear. Shock. Fall. Heartbeat.

Wait, heartbeat?

Heartbeat!

James was alive.

He had pulled through.

And with that Thoms plans shattered in to pieces at his feet.

Brooke walked outside.

She drew shaky breaths of the humid night air, combing her nodded hair with her hands. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and her head filled with a heaviness that only a soft bed a good night of sleep could fix. She hugged herself subconsciously imagining it was the loving embrace of a family member or a friend. Death was hard. Even near death was a tremendously traumatic thing. This encounter with the frailness of life as a form had brought back all the memories of her father. Honestly she had never really processes all that. Mostly she was just pretending to be alright. She didn't want to seem weak to anyone.

"Brooke there you are. I have been looking for you. Are you ok?" Thom asked. He put his hand of her back to still her shaking body. This situation was once again perfect to take advantage out of his classmate. She was in a vulnerable place right now, longing desperately for a friendly touch and he was right there providing her every need.  

It started to rain.

The tepid water poured out of the grey skies and drenched them both. This by many mistaken as a negative  and depressing weatherability reminded her of something James had once said. A quote from Bob Marley if she was correct:"You have to feel the rain, not just get wet." It was only now that she fully understood the quote as she (as James would say ) went full dead poets society by thinking about life from a different perspective. She looked up to the dark night sky and let the water that oozed out of thick clouds collide with moisture in her eyes. The crystal drops formed the tears her eyes could no longer produce due to a lack of energy. 

"Brooke? What are you doing?" Thom asked impatiently as he tugged her lightly back towards the hospital. She was about to get mad at him for ordering him around when :"Hello!" The sound would under normal circumstances be a friendly sounding tone but right as the word was said a loud bang thundered through the surroundings. It was soon followed by a light flash. That flash lit up a face pale as that of a vampires with dark hair surrounding it as a crown of darkness. The thing that stood out mostly were the eyes. The cobalt blue irises had the same colour as the electric blue flash of thunder. 

Thom and Brooke screamed at the top of their lungs but when the creepy person in front of them shrieked a very feminine squeal they immediately realised it was Bert. 

"Oh Gosh." He said with is hand on his heart. Oh Gosh was his equivalent of James' Oh Dear. Behind his two other figures stepped into the light of a lamppost, revealing Petra and Veronique two classmates of them. "I brought company!" He explain happy. 

Veronique and Perta who were actually sister looked nothing alike. Veronique was smart, humble and was build beautifully. Her sister on the other hand was a troll. Where Veronique had long velvet hair as dark as the night, Petra had flaxy dirty blond hair that was always klitting. Where Veronique had a pair of calm and even yet outstandingly gorgeous blue eyes, Petra had the same colour yet with her yellow spots had scattered over her iris ruining the perfect colour. It was very unfair. Also it was a common gossip in their high school that James was in love with Veronique which was obviously why Bert had brought her along. 

The five of them went inside yet Brooke didn't really feel like going back to the room. So she decided to have a stroll inside the hospital.

After about five minutes she came to the conclusion that the hospital was an enormously diversed place. Not more than a few halls from where a mother heard her childs heartbeat for the first time an old man was dying in his wife's arms. 

How many people would have died here?

How many people would have to get to live after a visit here?

And most importantly which group would James join? 

Thinking about that she walked right into the room of a crazy old lady. The shelved where filled with DVD's of fifty shades of gray for some reason and the room smelled like someone had vomited, pied and crapped at the same time. 

Suddenly she felt eyes on her and swiftly turned around to find an old woman petting a cat that appeared to be dead looking straight at her. Damn, Amor was healthier in all his obese glory. 

She heart a moan and turned around once again to the tv this time to find Christian Gray doing... Well you can fill in the gap yourself. She moved backwards out of the room to make sure crazy cat lady wasn't going to jump her from behind. 

When she turned around and was faced with a terrifying sight.
It was Thom, sneaking through the hallways, holding a knife.