The return of the fatness

Chapter 13
Mike
"Hurry up, Mike!" Brooke scolded him as they ran through the hallways like foals escaping from the slaughter house.
They were kind of like that. In the past few weeks school had turned into prison as well as their house. The only way the could have redemption was when they were together trying to bust the smugglers.
They came to an abrupt halt when they noticed the Russian had entered the secretary's office.
"Why would she be in Miss Sanders office?" Brooke asked.
"Maybe it's not just a bird smuggle there is a child smuggle behind the bird smuggle and Miss Sanders is the head of that. Well, I never liked her anyway."
"Omg, Mike. That's a brilliant idea!"
"Really?!"
"No."
"Now be of some use to me and get me a glass from the cafeteria," Brooke demanded.
"Ok"

Mike came back panting after a few minutes with his face covered with Cheetos. Brooke decided not to ask him.
"Quickly get it over here," Brooke told him as she took the glass from him, putting it against the door with her ear on top.
"They are talking about something- no someone. They say they need to take care of her. Mike, I think they are going to kill someone," Brooke sounded very panicked.
A squeaky noise from in the hallway echoed and only added fuel to the fire.
"Oh no! Someone is coming," Mike said and Brooke hopelessly looked for a place for shelter. A scary creaking noise erupted from the same place and a tremendously large shadow appeared. Mike realised they were going to get busted closed his eyes.
He only opened them again when he heard a familiar meow and Brooke breath out next to him. An obese cat face was staring at them  
"Amor?!"
"Meowwww!"
"How the hell did you get here? I have to carry you to your freaking litter box."
"Oh honnneeeey!" Mike and Brooke jumped upright only to see Kate, Mikes mum waving at them from the end of the hallway.
"You forgot your lunch box," the woman explained herself.
"Omg you scared the crap out of us!"mike cursed at his mum.
"Oh well I'm sorry for coming to your school to bring your lunch when you forget your lunch again!" She reacted mad.
Suddenly the door of the office flung open and the two women came out not even looking at the strange three people in the hallways.
Oh wait no four. We mustn't forget Amor. Speaking of Amor, the animal had decided it had walked enough for one day and now laid down on its back with its four paws in the air waiting to be carried out. Mike who realised they were losing their target quickly blew his mum off and began the chase.

Arriving at by bicycle they were confronted with a rather pressing inconvenience. Mike couldn't ride a bike due to his balance issues. Brooke ran to a bike and hopped on.
"I'm not letting you leave alone!" Mike shouted trying to grab the steering wheel.
"Ooooh, Mike!" Veronique suddenly came running, distracting Mike. He stopped and let go of the steering weel causing Brooke to run against the fence, scraping her knee in the proces. Luckily she managed to stay on her feet. No weels. She managed to stay on her weels. Mike watched her ride out in the school gates. She was in her own now.

At that point the bell ran indicating that the break had begun and Veronique backed off. Hayley came running panting from the exercise.
"Where's Brooke?" She asked.
"I'm sorry. I couldn't stop her," mike confessed.  "Damnit!" Hayley cursed.
"I'm sorry I was doing the best I could."
"You ruin everything!" Hayley screamed at him.
"Oh, I ruin everything. You started this whole mess when you started kissing with Zach!"
"Like that had anything to do with this and to remind you you didn't defend any of us before that!" Hayley yelled back.
"I was overwhelmed by Thom and felt threatened!" Mike defended himself.
"Why didn't you just say that then?!"
"I didn't want you to think I'm weak," those words sounded a lot more quiet.
"Now it is out. Great. Are you even listening?" Mike took a defensive pose again.
"Is that how little you think of me!"
Hayley was tomato red. That was the point at which Mike realised she wasn't invincible. She was strong but their was a limit.
Actually she could be fragile. But not like a flower, more like a bom. Though on a regular basis she was like a steady volcano. Fertile land on which people could build. Mike was the earthquake to her volcano. Something that could make her explode.
Mike had never in his 6 years of knowing her seen her explode. Honestly he had never really been that close to her to see it happens.
Well it seems like only the people that can hurt you are the ones you really love.
"Well your to afraid to say your true feelings," Mike accused.
"Am I?"
"Wanna bet," Mike playfully added.
"Bite me"
"No thanks, I'm cutting low on fats for my diet."
"Ha. Like you'd ever go on a diet. There would be nothing left of you!"
"Oh would there?" Mike questioned her as he came closer. He stalked her like a predator does with its prey. She backed up almost hitting a wall.
Hayley who had a few pages from that book as well turned the duo around before she could hit the wall and pushed Mike against it instead.
Mike made a high pitched sound. 
"Let go," He the straightened his voice.
"Make me." Was his answer.
"Oh do you want to play a game? What's in it for me?" He flirted.
And then Hayley brought her plump lips just inches from his. He was the one who ultimately pressed them together.

"No you are doing it wrong. I think the lightning did something to your brains, James," Bert shared his useful opinion as he took the dangerous chemical substances away from James.
"You think that was the lightning. You do remember that my head was bashed in with a metal pole right?" James asked sarcastically as he couldn't help but glance in Thoms direction at those words.
"Ok, what's up with you. You're so snarky and those glances at Thom. I knew you didn't like him but when did it grow into some kind of full blown hate? You almost hate him as much as Tolstoy hated his own books," he complained his friends to the literary works of the famous author.
"I know right. I mean, the plot twist of Anna Karenina was shocking but bad or worth being ashamed of, no way!" James was immediately distracted by the book-talk.
Bert added something to the mixture and the entire thing exploded in a green cloud.
Bert who saw the humour of the situation used this 'little' mistake to make a joke:" Well, what's more relaxing then letting your chemistry experiment explode."
"A lot of thing!" James answered.
Mike who was dying of laughter in the corner was almost run over by their science teacher, mr. Baker.
The middle aged man clapped his hands. "Congratulations, you are the first group who succeeded!"

Mike saw James breathing increase as Thom came closer. The boy hit James a little to hard on his back.
"Congrats, Mate."
"Hey don't hit him that hard. He had just been in a coma!" Bert defended his friend before Mike could jump in.
Thom raised his eyebrows, murmured something and then walked away.
"Are you OK?" Bert asked.
"I'm fine."
"You don't look fine," he protested.
"Then stop looking."
"Oh no. You don't get to be so snarky with me. What is up with you," Bert demanded the truth.
"I'm not hiding anything!" James lied fluently.
"Stop lying. I know you are well at lying but I can see right through your facade," Bert was getting mad.
"Ok. Ok. I'll tell you," James finally gave in as he signed Mike and Hayley to come over.

"Wow, I did not expect that!" Mike laughed at Berts words. The boy was really shocked so James took his to the benches to explain the details. Mike decided to search for Hayley. Suddenly she came running to him.
"Mike, I heard Thom talking to someone on the phone. They where talking about setting off the fire alarm. Thom wanted to find Brooke and they know what happened!"
"Shit!" Mike cursed.
"He called her Kirin. That is Petra's surname and Veroniques. I think he's working with him. Or even better did you know Petra and Kirin are Russian names. It's all one game!" Hayley plotted.
"Oh come on Hayley. That's ridiculous!" Mike said. At that exact moment the fire alarm rang.
Mike took Hayley's hand to lead her to the lines. What he didn't see was that when Hayley turned around one more time she saw Veronique ease dropping on their conversation. The girl made the one zero sign with her hand, indicating that she had won this battle. What she didn't know was that in reality it was a war.