Keeping up with the Krashnova's

Hayley

Biep... Biep... Biep... Biep... Biep...

The sound of the heart monitor had slowly been driving Hayley mad over the hours, yet she couldn't bring herself to leave.

It always came down to the four of them under any given circumstances, always them.

Hayley, Brooke, Mike and James.

Hayley just never thought it would come down to this.

Mike was a mess, not only physically but also emotionally. He was sitting in the hospital bed, hands in his hair. His head not only trapped in the small husk his hands had formed to some how shield him from the world, but also in a foreign land of guild.

Brooke had closed herself off as well. She did it on a rather peculiar way. She tried to seem tough but went full rebel in the process. Everything about her attitude said: keep away! Her knees close to her chest, she was also shielding herself from the world, just in a different way then Mike. The leather jacked close around her to form some kind of closure, Her beany as a barrier between the world and the thoughts in her head an d the dark make-up scaring everyone away who dared to come close, yet at the same time they guarded her tearful eyes. Hayley looked right trough her façade. In those few days she knew Brooke better the girl knew herself.

And then there was James. But not really. He wasn't really James. He simply wasn't present. He was but.. He was just so quiet. Hayley never thought she'd miss his stupid babbeling and constant, uninterrupted, never ending stream of quotes. And most of all his 'oh dear's. She made her mouth from the phrase.

It had been two hours and still no sign of his parents. God, at least half of the class had been there. Bert had wanted to stay but his mum forced him to go home. He promised to come the following day and said he'd even bring Petra, Veronique and Thom who weren't able to come today. Much did he know what terror that visit was going to bring.

Hayley was mad at Jameses parents how could they leave him like this. She was already naming a thousand ways in which she'd be a better parent for him. Well, at least he fitted right into the stereotypical image of a British child. He'd be mad to hear that since Hayley knew he hated stereotypes. Normally he had a little tan but now he looked like a ghost. A range of birthmarks decorated his neck and ears. They looked like stars on a grey night sky. Would he be there now in the sky. Floating lifless between the stars? She kind of hoped he was 'cause then he wasn't in any pain. How long would he be there? In the sky? When would he wake from his coma? Or maybe a better question, would he wake from his come?

"What's in the bag?" Brooke caught Hayleys attention. Mike however had fallen asleep. "Eh, it was just an idea before... you know... It's a secret security camera but it doesn't even work. I mean it technically should work but it simply won't connect to my computer. Pff, the thing is outdated anyway," Hayley explained.

"Can I see?" Brooke asked.

"yeah, why not."

"Wauw, that electronic work is really impressive. I don't know much of it but I can see this is advanced. Well, I see what went wrong. Your computer isn't outdated it's the program you are using that is not working. If I can just install one of my programs into your computer that should work. Yes! Done. Now we just have to hang the cams up," Brooke finally showed her fancy computer skills.

"I'll do it. I'll hang them up," Brooke offered herself.

"No, I don't want you to get in harms way. Both of our boys are already injured and I'm not gonna come with. I have to stay here with them. I can't leave them. What if James wakes up. Don't you wanna be there?" She asked.