A Letter To The Universe

Dear Universe,

It's me again, the girl with dreams of landing somewhere there amongst your stars.

I don't feel sad. I don't feel anything. I'm not living, just, soberly existing.

A few days ago, there was this moment, when I was under in the darkness. I tried to fight it, and I almost said, "Darkness, you will not have a hold on me today."

But then I looked up, and I simply disappeared.

It hurts dear universe. I'm nothing here. I will never be anything but a waste of space.

How can it be, that you are a vast space, yet I cannot help but feel like a small cloud of stardust; no purpose, no direction, no home.

I wish to be a cluster of stars, to have this gravitational bond that will keep me safe from the unknown forces of your universe.

I want to be part of a constellation, such as "The Big Dipper," or even "The Little Dipper." I just need... I need to belong somewhere. If not here on Earth, then as part of your expanding universe.

Allow me to become another rotating planet around the Sun, another winking star for the other endless dreamers to provide them with a constant. When their own constant has failed them. 

To become infinite. That's an eccentric thought, but is it so impossible?

We once thought people could not step on the moon. How wrong we were to think such foolish things.

The human race is hungry for knowledge. There are those who seek to explore your powers, as your uncertainty terrifies them.

The few like myself, are only starry eyed and curious to uncover your secrets dear universe.

You are an endless thought of everything that exists, everything that has once existed, and everything that is yet to exist.

Is there a part for me, however small, in your universe.

---Endless Dreamer