I know your sister turns everyone on

In hindsight, Luke supposed his sister was really pretty. She was small, with long, soft blonde hair that touched her back, big, blue eyes, and a slim figure, it was hard to find her unattractive. She was a girl of many cliques, a drama student, a cheerleader, etc. Luke found it hard to find a single thing wrong with her, at least, from an outside perspective.

Lacy Hemmings received a lot of attention throughout her life.

From her mother, she was praised for being the only girl. From her father, she was "Daddy's little girl". At school, she was the girl that all the boys chased after.

Her brother, however, remained unnoticed by many.

Luke Hemmings was awkward. He was too tall, sported a patch of stubble along his jaw and cheeks, spoke with a deep and mellow voice, and had sad, dark blue eyes that made him hard to read. He liked playing guitar in his bedroom, and he didn't really enjoy school. High school was hell Lacy's younger sibling.

None of these factors truly helped the fact that Luke was gay, and most of the boys he liked used him to get to Lacy. And sometimes, Lacy would pursue these boys right in front of the younger boy. They would grab her ass, kiss her neck, and it made Luke physically sick. He was jealous. Jealous of the life that his older sister got to live.

Lacy looked at her younger brother once she had parked inside the parking lot of their high school. She was his ride everywhere because their parents didn't have enough money to buhim his own car yet.

"Don't forget where we're parked. I don't want to wait on you after the bell rings." She said, adjusting her hair in the mirror.

Luke huffed, "More like me waiting for you, but okay."

Luke wondered if he should just get a job, so he never had to ask his family for anything. It wasn't like they cared about his existence anyways. Maybe he could save up all of his money and buy an apartment somewhere far away. Somewhere where he wasn't just, "Lacy's brother".

He got out of Lacy's car. Grabbing his back and shuffling across the parking lot, Luke took his time about going inside the building.

The school board should really give kids pamphlets about high school. Maybe even an instruction booklet. Luke laughed internally at the thought of someone writing a book about how to get through high school. No matter what you did to make high school enjoyable, you would still just be a member of the crowd, lacking originality and flavor. Luke wondered if there were other people who just felt invisible.

"Hey, Lu. Have a good weekend?" Luke's friend, Calum, pulled him from his thoughts.

"It was fine. I just listened to music. Sorry that I couldn't hang out, though. I got grounded." Luke said irritatedly, unpacking his backpack once they walked to their lockers.

"What for?"

"I didn't help Lacy with her stupid homework."

Luke put his backpack on the hook and grabbed the notebook he needed for his first class, chemistry. Luke hated chemistry because that was the only class he had with Lacy. Lacy had failed chemistry when she was a Sophomore, and she constantly asked Luke for help on the homework.

"She's such a brat." Calum said, shaking his head.

"I know." Luke muttered. He closed his locker.

Calum had been Luke's friend since Kindergarten. The tan boy with jet-black hair had been making life better for Luke for as long as he could remember. Calum had the same sense of humor and shared a lot of the same interests. Sometimes, Luke would spend the night at Calum's just to get away from his family. The sad truth was that Luke felt more love at Calum's house than he had ever felt in his own.