The Devils That Burn in Me

+this may be another multiple part series, for @lifesatangledluke . I'm also thinking about making this a book concept+

For as long as there had been a universe, there were angels and demons that walked among us. 

Among these walking monsters were a collection of white and black pigmented wings. The angels, of course, wore the white, powdery feathered wings. And the demons strolled about with the heavy, burdens speckled with black and red contrasts. Most angels had a halo aura around their heads, and they twinkled as they walked by the dull humans. 

Luke Hemmings was a new angel. His soul had been taken and been purified through an extensive process. He was a good, religious boy throughout his human life and had rightfully earned his place in the heavens. He had honeyed, golden curls that swept his innocent, blue eyes and cherry red lips that were in the shape of a heart when he smiled. His long lashes dusted the glitter from his high cheekbones, and his pale skin was reminiscent of some sort of fluffy cloud. Luke was a sunshine for many. A guardian angel to those who needed him. And a fun toy to annoy to a certain, hellfire demon. 

If Luke Hemmings had been a good human and earned a special place in heaven due to his good behavior, Ashton was Satan in the flesh. He had hazel eyes when they were not consumed by all black. His wings were much more rugged than that of an angel. They were satin, jet black, and pained his back as he walked. 

Luke was doing his morning routine. He checked on one of the young girls he was responsible for, opening her window just slightly to see her fast asleep. He smiled to himself. His hard work had earned him some alone time.

He sat quietly in a field where daisies were populous. He plucked one and tucked it behind his ear with a gentle smile. His skin felt soft from his nap in the supple rose garden near his home. Heaven offered him so much luxury. Including eternal beauty. 

"Well if it isn't the most beautiful boy in all of heaven," Ashton's voice was gravelly low. A low throb inside of Luke's perfect ears. The small boy furrowed his eyebrows and looked around.

"Oh, I just got some alone time! Ashton, not now!" Luke pouted. He couldn't see the demonic boy, and then, he was sat in front of him. His eyes were as black as a night sky. Luke jumped back a little. 

"Ashton..." The angel sighed.

"Hey, beautiful, I thought we were friends," Ashton faked a pout. Luke's cheeks were dusted rose with embarrassment at the pet-name. He stared into the dark black eyes with curiosity. 

"We are friends, Ashton. But you know it's—"

"Against the rules?" Ashton cut Luke off and slid a little closer to the sweet, flawless boy. He was wearing a loose, white fabric that fell from his shoulders. Ashton wanted to touch.

"Yes, Ashton. I can't just, keep doing this," Luke spoke softly. Ashton shrugged. His brunette hair was messy and curly along his head. His muscles were threatening to ruin that red shirt he was wearing. Luke shook his head to brush away the weird thoughts he found himself getting around Ashton.

"Save someone's life today?" Ashton changed the subject with a scoff. Luke was now standing on his bare feet. His pale skin moved like the moon's shadow as he walked. They were by a small brook. A meadow full of wildflowers, fireflies, and a midsummer night's love. It was evening, twilight. A peaceful inhuman silence surrounded them.

"As a matter of fact, I did," Luke's voice sang. Ashton was an awful being, and he wanted to choke Luke until that beautiful voice was no more. His dark eyes shimmered with interest when Luke innocently pushed the silky fabric from his shoulders. His pale skin was becoming more and more exposed in the light of the approaching night. Venus herself seemed to have sculpted the curvy angel. His feather wings slipped out as he pulled the fabric from his torso. It was now only covering from his waist down. It was Ashton's turned to be confused.