Ashton's Side

This is a first person one-shot that I thought might be good. It's something knew, as I loathe first person. Hopefully, I can make it work.

Essentially, it's Ashton's perspective on their relationship.

This is a stupid pointless piece of writing that's definitely part of series.

Also, none of this is meant to be true, so don't fucking comment, "NOT HER I LOVE HER!!!"

-

When we first got together...

I used to think that Luke had a magical way about him. I listened to every soft word that dropped from his lips. His voice was like the pitter-patter of rain. He could calm me down in seconds.

"It's just that, I wanna be your boyfriend...sorry for the monologue earlier. I just feel like you don't want me," Luke said. His full lips melted into a pout. My heart shattered into a million tiny pieces. I instantly, impulsively touched his cheek, stroking the baby-fine skin. He leaned into it. Oh, my angel.

"Baby..." I whispered. I tried to find the right words to soothe his fragile heart. He was so sensitive. Everything made him cry. I never want to be one of them.

Luke whined and fluttered his long lashes. His sapphire irises were enticing me. His innocent little face made me fall a little more.

"Lukey-baby, peach, you mean everything to me. You are my boyfriend. Who told you otherwise?" My voice was shaky. I needed him closer. I tugged him into my lap. The smell of strawberries flooded my senses. I heard him breathe a sigh of relief.

"No one. I just get scared sometimes. Like when you're busy—" His eyes started to water at the thought. I kissed his cheek where my hand was. I have a strong desire to nourish and protect Luke. It's uncontrollable at times.

"Lu, that doesn't mean I don't want you. I just had some stuff to record. You know how it is. I gotta make money, baby," I squeezed him in a hug. His soft hands found my hair. He let his fingers get stuck in my curls.

"I know. It doesn't stop the missing you part," Luke bit down on his lip. My stomach dropped. He was the prettiest boy I've ever seen. I quickly plucked it from his teeth and shook my head.

"Please, I won't be able to think straight," I told him. I held his hips. Our eyes locked, and a small smile started to grow on his lips.

He leaned forward and kissed me. His pillowy lips engulfed mine. I held onto him like he'd float away. That was when he was seventeen, and I was nineteen. His body was ripe and soft like a nectarine. He didn't care about being gay then. He wanted to be loved, so I gave him everything.

I was his first love, and he was my most important. I didn't know what love felt like until Luke Hemmings depended on me.

+

I fucked Luke plenty of times, but when he was eighteen and legal, it felt a lot better. He gained an odd sense of confidence on that particular birthday. Our band was growing rapidly because of all the amazing fans. We all felt spectacular but Luke especially.

I guess it was the millions of teenage girls lusting after him. I would watch him perform from my kit. My heart would swell. He finally felt a sense of belonging. My shy angel had found his wings. It was the proudest I had ever been.

After the show, I took him out to dinner. Michael and Calum gave us the time to be alone and promised gifts the next day. Luke, of course, giggled and rushed off to be with me.

He was wrapped around my bicep. It was warm outside since we were in America, but Luke liked to be close. Nibbling that dumb lip ring, my barely-legal baby gave me butterflies that I couldn't even describe.