⚜️42⚜️

For all the people who voted and commented, thank you so much lovelies.

~~~~

{Sophie's PoV}

I stared in shock at my reflection.
How and what was she doing here?

She still looked like the same beautiful, confident woman I could remember. Her eyes still glimmered in the evening light and her hair still shone a beautiful brown.

" Should I go?" Adam gently asked me, blocking the view of my sister. I looked up at him blank. I didn't know what to feel.
Was I supposed to cry or smile in happiness?
Was I supposed to go and slap her or hug her tight and feel her warmth again?

"Adam" I muttered wordless, my words were caught up in my throat. I was so lost. He pulled me close to his chest and I breathed his familiar sandalwood smell. At least. My nerves calmed down a bit.

A throat cleared, interrupting my peace and I clenched my eyes tight.
God, did I want to talk to her?
Yes! I had to find out why she carried out such a drastic step without even consulting me.

I pulled away from Adams embrace and placed a kiss on his cheek,
" It'll be just a few minutes," I said. His eyes looked deep into my soul asking me if I was sure and I just nodded in his direction.
I needed to know the truth.

I detached myself from Adam and watched his retreating back. The moment he left, the room was in an uncomfortable silence. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked back at my sister and asked the question that was on the tip of my tongue,

" Why?" I asked my voice coming out much more colder than I expected it to.

" Why what?" Reyah asked dumbly and I rolled my eyes at her.

When she realised, her face grimaced as she talked,
" I...I don't know where to start Soph," she said stuttering, her voice coming out muffled but I wasn't going to fall for her cries.

" Start from where it all began," I said and she gasped at my coldness.

Her leaving had affected me in more ways than she could have imagined. Surely I wasn't going to hug and kiss her now that she was here after 5 years, I was going to treat her like a stranger.

She looked me in the eyes, begging me to not say the story but I wasn't giving up. I wanted to know the truth. After a few minutes of staring at each other, She looked away from my stubborn stare before She cleared her throat as she spoke,
" You already knew how much I hated Ethan," she began and I nodded, encouraging her to continue.

"I couldn't tolerate him and he didn't like me too. But then when we were leaving for the Christmas Vacancy, I had taunted him more than usual, even mentioning something about his family which really pissed him off. The next thing I knew was that I was being pushed against the wall and my first kiss was stolen. I slapped him hard and kneed him, telling him I'd tell you what he done,"

She looked at me and I looked right back at her. I was somehow proud of the fact that she had hit Ethan on his balls but I wasn't going to speak, not until she finished.

" He was afraid that you two's friendship would be affected and so he asked for forgiveness. It was the first mature act he had done and so I forgave him. But I was wrong, the pest would hold my hands on purpose and would kiss me on the cheek in public, making me so angry at him. Then one day he randomly asked me for a date as a gift for his birthday. He pleaded and begged me and so I agreed."
Reyahs lips were pulled up in a silly smile as she spoke and I looked at her marvelled. I had missed listening to her rants and her annoying complaints on what Ethan had done.