Chapter 3

Then Saturday came, it was marked in Natsu's phone as "Woo first party" with a less than happy emoji. Sure he was a little bit excited, I mean it was his first party since he entered high school! Not to mention Gray was going as well! With that in mind, the topic of what he was going to wear became an issue, unfortunately--Sting had a plan.

"Why are we here..." Natsu grumbled looking around the very crowded Mall. It was always packed full of people on Saturday and one place he didn't want to be. Sting grinned as Gajeel rolled his eyes. 

"Because you need an outfit that doesn't scream 'Punch me in the face! I look like a freshmen!'" Sting sighed. "C'mon we're going to Pac Sun."

"I'm not going into your Hipster store" Gajeel grumbled. "Your fashion choice is worse than Laxus and his goddamn fur coat and do not get me STARTED on those fucking headphones." Natsu held in a laugh. Though he wasn't wrong, the Senior had a very obscure fashion sense. 

"Oh well! It's better than your overpriced emo pop culture skulls everywhere trash store!" Sting countered.

"What the hell did you just call Hot Topic?" Gajeel asked stalking towards him. Natsu looked between his older brothers and wondered just how they were ready to knock each other's teeth in over two stores? Oh well, as long as they weren't dragging him into it he supposed it was fine to let them fight. Turning away from the scene he headed in the opposite direction. He knew Aeropostel was somewhere on this floor and a shirt and shorts shouldn't be so hard to find anyway. Entering the store he spotted Alzack working behind the counter. 

"Hey Natsu, I'm surprised to see you here by yourself!" He teased.

"Yeah well, I'm sure the Mall Cops will come find me to get Gajeel and Sting" Natsu laughed. 

"Figures they're here, what are they fighting about?" The black haired male asked.

"Oh you know, their stores of preference--I took it upon myself to come get a shirt and some jeans" The pinkette shrugged. Alzack laughed and nodded.

"Well just tell me if you need anything" He said.

"Got it!" Natsu replied. He looked around and spotted a light-pink plaid shirt. and a pair of dark navy blue jean shorts.  He had a pair of shoes at home that would probably work with the outfit. Heading back up to the counter he paid for the two items and was on his way. Back with the older brother's, they'd finally concluded their spat (With no bruises for once).

"Alright, come on Natsu--....Natsu? Where the fuck did he go?!" Sting asked looking around. Gajeel sighed and looked around wondering where Natsu could've wandered off to in 10 measly minutes and spotted the pinkette coming out of Aeropostel and walking back towards them.

"Found 'im, and it looks like he's got his outfit covered without either of our help" He pointed out snickering. "Looks like you're out of luck Stingy~"

"Fuck you and don't call me Stingy" The blond replied irritably. When Natsu reached him Sting grabbed him by the hood of his jacket. He knew better than to touch the scarf secured around his neck so he always made it a point to grab the hood or collar of his shirts instead. "Please tell me you got something that won't make you look like an unfashionable nerd."

"Wow, that's rude as hell--I brought a shirt and some shorts does it matter what they look like?" Natsu asked.

"YES! Christ Natsu everything in your closet screams 'punch me in the mouth'!!!!" He said dramatically.

"I think you're looking in your own closet" Both Natsu and Gajeel replied. Making a face at being ganged up on, Sting huffed and turned in the other direction.

"Fuck you two I'm going to go buy my clothes! Have your phones on for when it's time to go!" He said storming off.

"What's got his panties in a bunch? Did Rogue scold him or something?" Natsu asked.

"He just wanted to dress you up" Gajeel replied. "You know how much he loves doing that." Natsu grimaced. Oh he knew alright. When he was younger Sting spent all of his time either messing with Rogue or dressing him up in ridiculous outfits, to say Sting had a slight brother complex for Natsu would be completely accurate. "Well I'm heading off, do whatever but don't leave, blondie will blow a fuse if we lose ya'." Natsu nodded and soon he was alone in the middle of the mall.

"Great, now what...I could go get something to eat...or maybe go to Gamestop...Pokemon is out..." As he mulled over his choices, his phone vibrated. Pulling it out, he read the message.

Gray): Yo are you busy today?

Blushing slightly, he found a bench to sit on and fumbled a bit before finally typing out a response.

Natsu: Tch, busy being bored at the mall (¬_¬) Sting and Gajeel decided that they weren't happy with the billions of clothes in their goddamn closet's so they dragged me to the mall (Sting didn't like anything in my closet) to get clothes for tonight. 

Gray: Sounds Painful, loser~ 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

Natsu: Fuck you stripper

Gray: Really? Are you going to pull the Stripper card? Sounds like someone is upset.

Natsu: I'm so sure you didn't text me to be an annoying asshat, what do you want?

Gray: Nah, wanted to see what you were doing since Lyon and I are at the mall! I'm coming to find ya' now ( •̀ω•́ )σ

Natsu: Good luck 눈_눈

At that Natsu put his phone away and stood. Gajeel was in Hot Topic and he was pretty sure Sting was in Hollister or Abercrombie & Fitch. He'd pick Hot Topic over a store that smelled like they doused the whole place in cologne. He entered the store and noted they were playing 'The Phoenix' By Fallout Boy. He spotted Gajeel and headed over to him. The black haired male was reading through a text message with a few shirts in hand. 

"Yo" He said.

"Thought you'd be with Sting or stuffing your face by now?" Gajeel said.

"Nah, I wanted to tell you Gray and Lyon were here--plus knowing Sting he's in a store a normal human being couldn't possibly breathe in" The pinkette replied. Gajeel gave him a toothy grin and laughed as he headed to the register. "By the way, Gray wanted you to meet him in the Food Court." Natsu's face gained a pink tint against his will as he huffed. It wasn't hard for the eldest of the 3 to see his little brother had gained a crush on the guy over the past few years, good thing Sting hadn't caught on to it yet, or it'd be one hell of an issue. 

"Fine I guess I'll go meet him...he's not going to leave me alone until I do, later then" Natsu may have said it as if it annoyed him but the stupid grin that made it's way onto his face was did nothing to hid his excitement. He left with that and Gajeel watched him leave before grumbling and pulling out his phone. He sent a warning text to Gray and went about his shopping.

Gray: Don't sweat, I'm not going to do anything shady--jeez don't you trust me?

Humphing slightly at the response, Gajeel went about his shopping. While it wasn't all that hard to tell Natsu was head over heels for the ice mage, it also wasn't hard to see Gray might've been interested in the younger dragonslayer too.