Chapter 26

Friday was pretty relaxed. It was a half-day so they were released early. Natsu sat outside waiting for Gray and playing Bejeweled on his phone. Levy was currently beating him in terms of score and he was determined to be at the top of the list by the time the day was up. Sensing someone approaching, he snapped his head up to see Erza walking over.

"Usually you'd be gone by now" She commented sitting beside him. "What's the deal?"

"Gray and I are heading home together is all" He said going back to the game.

"Oh really~? I heard that you two were going to have a romantic weekend together~" Erza smirked. He immediately blushed and tried not to pay her any mind. 

"I-It's not like that!" He grumbled. "We're just going on one date and he's staying over the whole weekend!"

"Make your move then!" Erza said. "This is the perfect weekend for you to ask him out!"

"You think?" He asked locking his phone.

"Yes I think! This is the kind of weekend everyone asks their crush out on! It happened to me, Lucy, even goddamn Freed! You need to step your game up if Gray isn't taking control!" She said seriously. "And who knows? He might say yes and this could begin your dating cycle!"

"You just really want us to get together don't you?" Natsu asked sighing.

"Yes!" She groaned. "After all you can only put a girl who has wanted you two to get together for so long through so much before she snaps and has to play match maker!"

"I thought that was Lucy's job" Natsu teased.

"It is! But I help out too!" Erza said flicking his shoulder. Natsu winced and gave her a pout. "But I'm going to go...think about what I said, got it? And if anything happens I have to hear it first!"

"But I already promised Lucy!" He called. 

"DUMP HER!" Erza yelled back. He snickered before feeling an arm rest on top of his head. Tilting it back he looked up to find Gray staring down at him. 

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be!" Natsu cheered getting up. "So we're stopping by Fairy Tail first?" Gray nodded and they walked over to the bus stop together. 

"Laxus somehow forced me into helping set up for the party he's throwing tonight for all the Seniors" Gray sighed.

"Eh? He's just throwing a Senior party? That's a first...usually he invites everyone?" Natsu said.

"Right, and when I asked he said he just wanted to have a last hurrah but seriously they'll still see one another until the end of summer! Heck some of them are even going to the same college!" Gray said as they boarded.

"Well you know Laxus....he says he hates big things like going away parties but that doesn't stop him from throwing 'em" Natsu said.

"Exactly" Gray replied. They spent the bus ride talking about their Aquarium date tomorrow until their stop came up. When they got off they walked a few blocks until arriving at Fairy Tail. There were plenty of voices already coming from inside and Natsu had to admit it was always less intimidating during the day-time. They entered and Laxus was in the midst of being scolded by Freed. 

"Already in trouble? I can only imagine what you did now" Natsu teased as they walked up to the pair. Freed turned and greeted the pinkette with a small smile while Laxus rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

"No, shouldn't you be hanging on Sting's arm or something" He grumbled.

"Nah, he's with me today" Gray replied. Freed looked between the two with skeptical blue eyes. Something had definitely changed between the two of them over the course of the year and anybody with a brain could see it. At first they wouldn't even look at one another, now they were closer than they'd been before that whole crazy incident all those months ago. "Anyways, what do ya' want me to do?"