Chapter 24

[Beginning Notes: Sorry! I'm super sorry! If you guys read the message I posted on my Message Board...you'd know I wasn't sure if I'd finish all my work before the start of school, I was a stressed crying mess and I'm sorry this took so long ;A;!!! But you guys don't care about my personal life so ON WITH THE GRATSU!]

[Update: Boy oh buddy I'm sorry! School started and the amount of work I have as an IB/AP student is fucked up bruh, on top of that  I HAD THIS HORRID STOMACH VIRUS LIKE BRUH IT WAS HORRIBLE!...none of you care about me though, you came for Gratsu]

That one date soon turned to many and as the months went by Gray and Natsu were almost never seen without one another. Not to mention they seemed to radiate a vibe of two people obviously in love. While everyone was happy they were finally on the verge of getting together, the only unhappy one was Sting. He watched the two of them talk and laugh in the kitchen and poked his bottom lip out. It was childish of him to get so upset but Natsu was his little brother! He had the right to be worried right?!

"Please stop making that face" Minerva said. The smell of nail polish permeated the living room air as as she painted her own nails.

"You don't have any siblings, you don't understand" Sting said burying his face in the couch cushion. 

"He's dated before, grow some balls" She replied. Rufus snickered and Rogue shook his head. 

"They're kissing again" Gajeel said coming into the room. 

"And you didn't stop themmm!!!" Sting whined. "Gajeel do you care!?"

"I care, and he's happy so leave them alone" He said. "And don't you freeloaders have houses?"

"How about you shut the fuck up" Minerva said staring him down. He stared right back and the others brushed them off. It was a normal thing for them to argue whenever they saw one another. Sting would try to stop it at first but as the years went on he just learned to tune the two of them out unless things started flying. 

"Anyway, Just leave them be" Rufus said. "He's been chasing after Gray for quite a while anyway."

"Tsk, Orga what do you think" Sting asked as the yelling escalated between Minerva and Gajeel.

"I think you should leave them alone too, no one bothered you when you started your relationship with Rogue" He replied. Sting groaned and planted his face back in the couch. Rogue gently patted him on the head and looked up as Natsu and Gray left the kitchen.

"Can you two not do that in the living room, you're going to break something again" Natsu sighed. Minerva glared in his direction and he matched it with an uninterested look. "Just know that if my PS3 suffers I'm setting something on fire."

"Don't make promises you can't keep" Gray teased as they headed upstairs. 

"Unless you want to be the thing that I set on fire hush" Natsu said. 

"Really? You're going to set me on fire? you already burned my hand on our first date" Gray teased as they headed into Natsu's room. The pink haired boy felt his face heating up and he threw a pillow in Gray's direction.

"Stop bringing that up!!!" He cried. "I was nervous!"

"I know, I know...it was still cute though" Gray replied as he took out his laptop.

"Shut up...also do you know who keeps taking our fucking door in Minecraft? Because I am getting sick of replacing it!" Natsu whined.

"I have been wondering that for the past two weeks! Every time we come back the door or the windows are missing" Gray said.

"....Do you think it's Loke" He asked.

"What would Loke want with a virtual door" Gray asked as Natsu turned on the Wii. 

"Does it look like I know!" Natsu asked throwing his arms up. "By the way are you busy this weekend...?"

"Friday since I'm helping set up Fairy Tail for Laxus's party" Gray replied lazily. "Other than that I am completely free."

"Well uh...er....i-if you want to....you could uh....maybe...spend the night over here but it's fine if you don't want to!" Natsu said quickly. Gray looked up at him and almost laughed. Natsu's face was a stunning shade of pink as he looked down at his hands.

"Natsu, look at me" Gray laughed taking the other boy's hands in his. 

"Don't laugh! I'm trying!" Natsu murmured trying to bury his face in his scarf. 

"I know! Now slowly, and in a language we can all understand--repeat that" He said. Natsu took a deep breath and adverted his gaze. He said it once, he can say it again right?

"D-Do you...want to spend the night this weekend? I mean you don't have to...b-but I thought...i-it might be nice...since...we're going to the Aquarium..." He replied.

"That sounds nice and I'm sure mom would be cool with me but..." Gray glanced over at the door. "What about Sting."

"If I'm right...he's going to be hanging out with Rogue and the gang and Gajeel was going over Laxus's...soooo...." Natsu sat down beside him and handed him a Wii remote. "That would leave the house empty with the exception of you and I..." 

"Sounds like a plan to me, so I'll do what I need to for the party, go home, get my stuff together and then come over here" Gray announced. Natsu nodded enthusiastically. "Now was that so hard to ask?"

"Yes it was! Don't question me!" Natsu groaned booting up Wii Sports.

"I'm not questioning you!" Gray snorted ruffling his hair. Natsu puffed out his cheeks and swatted his hand away causing the latter to laugh. "And do you ever do anything with your hair? It's a mess and has been since we were kids."

"I do! This is my style!" Natsu pouted.

"Your style looks like you just got out of bed" Gray replied. They played Wii Sports and Pokemon rumble for a while until  Sting yelled that they were going out for Pizza. Never one to turn down food, Natsu quickly shut the game down (in the midst of Gray winning of course) and hurriedly put his shoes on. "Holy hell Natsu it is pizza! Calm yourself!"

"No you do not get it, it is because it's pizza I will not calm down!!! Hurry up!!!" Natsu whined bouncing up and down. Gray sighed putting his other shoe on. To be honest, he'd been thinking a lot about the proper way to ask Natsu out. He definitely wanted to do it before school let out for the summer but that was a mere 5 months away from now. He knew nothing would change between the two of them...it'd be just like this...with a dash of romance right? Well no time to go back on this decision now...this weekend would be it.

"Alright let's go" He laughed.

"Finally!!!" Natsu cheered as they headed out and down the steps. This weekend for sure.