Wonwoo x Mina - "It's too late, I already let you go."

Jeon Wonwoo was my boyfriend when I was a sophomore. We became together when I was in 8th grade—at such a very young age.

People said it's not love we felt and had that time, the day would come for us to figure out that our relationship is wrong, we will hurt each other, and eventually will break up soon. They were right anyway, but part of it was a lie because I'm certain it was love we had and felt that time.

First of all, my relationship with Wonwoo was real. It was never a joke or a game. I treasured each and every moment I had with him.

Second, he made me feel so special. He was always there to protect and comfort me. He was my armor shield who were always ready to petrify himself like a statue for my safety.

And most importantly, he loved me.

I think that is the reason why we lasted for 3 years. I still adore him for being who he is until now. He knew how to keep his words, but that also led us to be decisive and in the end, like how people judged us, we mistakenly hurt each other.

I do remember the times when I am always pleading to let me hangout with my friends. In all honesty, it was challenging to do because I need to let him know first wherever I go to receive his permissions, same goes with him... but he tends to be the one who gets too tight if it were me. That's how our relationship works.

One day, it came to the point where my friends are already complaining about our situation. They said that Wonwoo had been so overprotective with me and it seems like he doesn't trust them—as my friends—when it comes to me.

All I can do is to laugh it off because I can't really be on their side for I am always on Wonwoo's. It always turns out like I was tolerating my boyfriend's behavior in each pair of eyes that's deeming us, but for me that's the way it is, well... perhaps you'll do everything your lover told you to do because it's your heart deciding and not your mind anymore.

-

"Please... I promise I will be okay. I won't go home late and I'll text you if I'm home already." I almost begged him.

"No." He sternly replied, busy tapping his phone, playing games again.

"Why? I just wanted to be with them. I didn't hangout for a week, what's wrong with you?" I whined.

"Why are you so hard-headed? I said no, it's final." But he insisted.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes as I turned my back on him, attempting to walk away.

I heard him sighed from behind before he grab my wrist and made me face him again, leaving his game and his phone abandoned on the sofa.

I tried to suppress my smiles.

I knew it. He can't resist me.

"I'm only protecting you, you know that don't you?" He suddenly turned soft as he locked me in his arms.

There goes my sweet Wonwoo.

"Yes, I know." I replied as I hugged him back, smelling his scent like it's been forever.

"I love you." I whispered on his ear, never hesitating to say it. Though I can't see, I swear I could feel him smiling right now. I just know.

"And you knew so much how to make me say yes with whatever you asked for." He rolled his eyes, earning a laugh from me.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." I rained bunch of kisses on his cheeks that makes him giggle like a ticklish child.