I'm Mr. Fix-it!

[Made an error in the last chapter I didn't remember his name was Mr Ton. My bad]

Eager and helpful. Check.
Find Retsuko. Check.
Hear out Fenneko. Half check.

  Retsuko didn't say anything after I found out her secret hobby she has been doing for the last five years.  I figured to give her some space like she asked. She was in robot mode. Droning away at the keyboard with her face expressionless.

As the mindless employment waddled back to their desks with full stomachs. I had a few minutes and caught up to Fenneko.

  "Retsuko didn't say much, but what exactly did you to have a fight about?" I asked. It felt like one of the cops shows where I interrogated the suspect.

"It's really nothing. What did you and Retsuko talk about? She seems so focused on work." Except the suspect was always questioning with more questions to divert the primary question.

"Alright. Quit dodging. It's either you tell me now or I hound you after work." I didn't understand why she kept avoiding the topic. What was she hiding

  " I confronted her about what happened between you and her at the hospital. She seemed motivated and spunky after that talk you shared.I started feeling jealous that you two getting were chummy; she started acting hostile and not Retsuko . Normally I leave things as they are seeing as it's her business. She knows I can keep a secret. You need to talk to seeing as your her boyfriend." She began cracking.

"Who told you that?" Who was the real criminal?

"I overheard some of the conversation and I assumed. Pushing me out of the friendship because you have been 'Retsuko this and Retsuko that' and it hasn't felt like Retsuko/Fenneko/ Haida."

Turns out I'm the culprit.

I drooped my ears. " I'm sorry Fenneko. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. Retsuko and I are just good friends right now. She said she wasn't ready for dating right now. Later down the line maybe but not now. "

Fenneko's ear pricked up. " So your not her BOYFRIEND?" She emphasized the boy and friend part loud enough to attract the two gossips.
They interupted our completely private conversation.

"What Retsuko is your Lady? Is she Haida is she?" Kabae lunged most of her weight on me. Tsnoda leaned on my other arm.

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE DATING SOMEONE HAIDA." She bobbed her head around.

The mirror called my life just cracked.

BOYFRIEND. Crap.

That explains everything.

Fenneko is naturally curious and probably over heard us that day. But only got half of the conversation. NOW I am stuck with the world's worst girls and they are going to cause Retsuko to hate me forever.

She didn't seem to take notice. I had to think of a way to diffuse this and quick.